Freewing EDF Group

More
4 years 11 months ago #19648 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing EDF Group

AlanF wrote:
Damn son if that ain't a summbitch for not havin' no switch to eject thems drop tanks. Havin' to hit the ground like that ev'ry time, that's gonna scuff yo' paint.

Don't worry Jon, it's Alan pretending to be a "Texas Redneck". On the up side though he is out n out a full blooded F86 pilot from Texas.:lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 10 months ago #19650 by
Replied by on topic Freewing EDF Group
Delivery Wednesday 29th for mine

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19651 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group
Excellent, just gluing the tail plane on mine and then its radio install and make a decision on wing tanks or not.

One thing to watch out for is they supply a carbon wing joining tube but there is no mention of it in the instructions. That would be an easy one to miss when gluing up the wing halves.

More
4 years 10 months ago #19652 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Freewing EDF Group

AlanF wrote: ...and make a decision on wing tanks or not.

I'd leave them off in the first instance. They'll add weight and drag and they will get knocked off until you have it trimmed for a nice landing.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19653 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group
I think you're right Mike. The aileron linkages are very exposed so I'll need to cobble up some sort of fairing. I might make up a hard point making use of the wing tank mounting holes.to do the job.

More
4 years 10 months ago #19654 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Freewing EDF Group

AlanF wrote: Excellent, just gluing the tail plane on mine and then its radio install and make a decision on wing tanks or not.

One thing to watch out for is they supply a carbon wing joining tube but there is no mention of it in the instructions. That would be an easy one to miss when gluing up the wing halves.

That's interesting, the Mig has a carbon spar for the horizontal tail, but it is definately in the instructions. Not for the wing though.
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds