New T33

• JonTappin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #23099 by JonTappin
New T33 was created by JonTappin
Many of you know that I've recently bought a 1:4.3 scale Feibao T33.

After many hours work installing everything and moving the engine forward from the designed location to get rid of some of the lead in the nose and get it under 20kg.shes now ready to go. Got it to 19.8kg dry.

I'm planning on taking it to Cashmoor tomorrow for some testing, and if the bales have been collected maybe even a test flight. Can't wait!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly, kevinross

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #23101 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic New T33
Very nice Jon, should be able to see the colour scheme from a good distance too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonTappin

More
3 years 8 months ago #23103 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic New T33

Brian Jackson wrote: Very nice Jon, should be able to see the colour scheme from a good distance too.

Yes! It will match the usual Cashmoor weather..:lol: I will bring video camera assuming weather does not dictate otherwise.

• JonTappin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #23105 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic New T33
That would be great thanks Phil, fingers crossed that the bales have gone!

More
3 years 8 months ago #23108 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic New T33
Brian wrote

should be able to see the colour scheme from a good distance

Funny that, I always thought the idea of camouflage was to make things difficult to see. It certainly worked that way for me when I built a small Spitfire, I sold it after two flights which I didn't enjoy a bit because the camouflage scheme certainly seemed to work for me. Coincidentally the buyer was a member of the Jersey Club which was mentioned in another recent post from Jon. He may still have it but if he put it down somewhere he probably couldn't find it again.

BTW I was at a deserted Cashmoor this morning (well I didn’t see anyone but they may all have been wearing camouflaged clothing) to collect the remains of the Venom, and the farmhands were busy clearing the bales so all is looking good for Jon's T33 maiden. I’m looking forward to seeing that fly.

David
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #23110 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic New T33
David, the general idea of camouflage is not to conceal the aeroplane or whatever it is, but to hide its true outline so it can't be identified, Now of course such crude attempts at deception are set to nothing by knowing the radar signatures of things. However, it does seem odd that aircraft painted in RAF "Trainer Yellow" stood more chance of a midair than conventional dark camouflaged aircraft. It doesn't matter what colour I use on my models, at some point in the flight they always manage to sneak out of sight, and unless the U/C is either fixed or "down" I have trouble in knowing which way up it is. This information will naturally cause the fliers at Cashmoor to regard me with some trepidation when I finally attempt a flight, which I hope to do soon, especially as Simon O has promised that he won't laugh as a model (probably a tired old Panic) wobbles down the runway and staggers into the air, with me desperately trying to see where it is/was/has gone. I jest of course, if my piloting was that awful I'd not put my fellow club members at risk.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Brian. Reason: Left out "matter"

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds