Thank you & Turbine recommendations

• Remedii1
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #26810 by Remedii1
Thank you & Turbine recommendations was created by Remedii1
Thanks to everyone on Saturday, a bit of a frustrating day trying to get the Xcalibur in the air etc.
As an update Paul at Turbine solutions has given me some new setting and all seems to work fine now in this warmer weather, not sure why theses weren't in it when it came back from the service but hey ho, he also hasn't given me any further confidence that the wren is a good/nice turbine.

So if I was to replace it going forward what should I go for? I know maybe ask 5 people get 5 differnet answers but.. I was thinkng of the new Jet Munt M122NG 12.2KG so for a future sports jet this would also suit.

I have no idea on after service on any of the turbines, parts, reliability etc?
Thanks again
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #26811 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Thank you & Turbine recommendations
I wasn't there on Saturday, but if your Excalibur is a standard sized one, then a Jets Munt 122 would make it absolutely ballistic (possibly beyond its safe limit?) and it would have quite a lot of residual thrust for landing too. As an alternative the Xicoy X95 is assembled and presumably serviced in the UK, which might mean faster turnaround and lower costs if something does need doing: thejetworkshop@gmail.com.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #26841 by Karlos58
Replied by Karlos58 on topic Thank you & Turbine recommendations
Hi Andy, this is Karl, I have a Wren P80 Jubillee, which runs superb, I have it fitted in  a std Xcalibur, but have yet to fly the unit. I acquired the air frame and turbine as zero hours and as built but never flown . If the settings are transferable more than happy to give you a copy of the GSU and turbine controller settings. Let me know, and good luck with your project. 
Karl 
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds