Help me sort my *beeping* ESC

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4594 by AlanF
Help me sort my *beeping* ESC was created by AlanF
Having planted my Phazer a couple of months ago I thought I’d have a go at resurrecting it. Hobby King has the kit in stock for 28 quid or so, which takes care of the pulverised airframe, but I think I may have a trashed ESC.

When I connect the battery I get the normal start up beeps but instead of the 3 beeps signifying 3s battery I get the 0.25 second beep sequence which tells me (I think) that the throttle is not at idle ( it is) If I connect the battery with the throttle on full it enters programming mode which then, no matter when and how much I move the throttle, is impossible to exit.
The servos operate normally but the motor will not start.

For the sake of a tenner or so it’s probably not worth pursuing this for long but I thought I’d ask if anyone had any ideas.

NB: I’m using the beep codes for a different ESC, I don’t know how generic they are.

FIXED IT

Having typed the above It smacked of the throttle throw becoming un-calibrated - how did that happen?

Re-calibrated the throttle throw and the motor now runs a good-un. Happy days.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by AlanF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4597 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Help me sort my *beeping* ESC
I was just about to say "throttle calibrate" but you have fixed it. Good oh! :)

Alan, I have found that the cheap ESCs are more prone to this. On some of my foamies I get similar beeps now and again. I have found that some ESC are slow to find throttle, so leave alone for a bit longer. (Restrained model) Or I disconnect battery, put throttle to high, reconnect battery and as soon as the first beep is heard quickly slide throttle to to low. (I assume your thr sub trims are neutral)

Programming sequence is generally generic, ie; first beep is "brake on/off, etc.

Edit: Throttle range not being recognised. Put all throttle settings to neutral and rebind RX.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Phil Ford.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 11 months ago #4599 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Help me sort my *beeping* ESC
Thanks for the info Phil , I was messing about for half an hour getting nowhere and then when I'd written the post I realised the problem. I find starting Glo motors much easier than sorting the dark mysteries of leccy.

More
8 years 11 months ago #4600 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Help me sort my *beeping* ESC
Rusted Carbs or uncalibrated throttle sub trim......very similar Alan! :)

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 11 months ago #4604 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Help me sort my *beeping* ESC

DaveBright wrote: Rusted Carbs or uncalibrated throttle sub trim......very similar Alan! :)

Hmmm, I see what you did there. To be fair its easier to see where to apply the hammer in the case of the Glow engine, it's much more difficult to fix corrupt nvram using the same method.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds