Wren Turbines

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 8 months ago #5617 by
Wren Turbines was created by
Just seen, on RCMF, that Wren have gone into voluntary liquidation. If this is true, another sad day for British modelling.

Stuart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #5621 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Wren Turbines
There's a very volatile (between users) thread on rcu about it....awaiting facts from Wren..

Mr Tappins 54 has just gone back to wren for an upgrade. Rumour is they've reopened as 'wren power systems'

Hope my 160 is covered still for servicing.... A shame

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 8 months ago #5625 by
Replied by on topic Wren Turbines
The notice on RCMF was from one of the founders, who is still a shareholder. He states the original firm closed with substantial debts, and, as Dave says, a new company has been started by two of the other original owners. Worth reading if you are a Wren user.

Stuart

More
8 years 8 months ago #5631 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Wren Turbines
If the 'original founder' you speak of is John Wright who is the W of MW prefix of mw44 and mw54 turbines, he is spouting some pretty nasty stuff. He's been retired from wren for 8 years now, take a share at the end of each year, took development material and made his own 'sprite' engine which he then sold on the designs to other engine manufacturers...... Or so I've read and am led to believe.

It's a shame that all this dirty laundry goes onto a worldwide public forum and the mods are happy to let it continue... Reputations can be tainted in a matter of minutes bashing away at a keyboard which can cast doubt and ruin trust and that trust and reputation can then take some time to repair!

Shame, but yes, agree that wren users will want to find out what's going on!

More
8 years 8 months ago #5637 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Wren Turbines
If anyone else is in the same boat as me with a turbine at Wren for service the point of contact for information and/or claims of ownership is the company handling the receivership, McTear Williams & Wood, Townshend House, Crown Road, Norwich NR1 3DT. email <info@mw-w.com>.

I've registered my claim and await a reply.Certainly doesn't look as if my Boomerang will be flying at the Jet & EDF day at Cashmoor on September 6th. I may have to shoehorn my JetCat 80 into it for future use.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #7243 by
Replied by on topic Wren Turbines
I have just been sent this;

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds