Habu 2 - The Legend Lives On

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #6647 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Habu 2 - The Legend Lives On
Over Eons of time Man has strived to improve his lifestyle, decipher the code of life, push the boundaries of physics further and further forward. Make things bigger, make things move faster, bring things closer that were thought to be too far away to discover. Space is not the final frontier nor the depths of the deepest ocean.

Therefore upping the fuel cell count by one and doubling the amp capacity of the speed controller should not be frowned upon but should be looked upon as advancing the world of aeronautics. :lol: The issue was most likely too tight the last turn which cracked the wing therefore pilot error. I made every effort to ensure that the impending crash was away from the flight line. Through the crash investigation I have gained some useful knowledge and the next crash is not a copy of the last one.... :evil:

Dave R - the colour scheme is not a copy of your gay jet but the idea came from Miss Demeanor where the colours blend into each other. I can do a respray for you. You can have military grey or military a bit more grey. Will look more menacing and disappear momentarily against the usual Cashmoor sky..... :silly:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #6648 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Habu 2 - The Legend Lives On

PhilF51 wrote: Sorry about the title but it caught your eye didn't it? :lol:

Anyways, after the demise of Habu on Sunday the jet has been rebuilt. Well a new airframe but original hardware... ;) Here she is in an all new livery. How long it wil last I don't know but I am trying to be optimistc. A bit of touching up here n there but ready to go. Colours are by Ford, VW and Vauxhall....... :lol:

Phil - As your Fan suffered a sudden "stoppage" by tera firmer, strongly recommend you check the blade roots with magnifying glass for any hairline cracks etc. If it surrenders a blade at full chat, the consequences may not be enjoyable

More
8 years 6 months ago #6651 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Habu 2 - The Legend Lives On
Kevin commenting on the risks of a damaged plastic fan letting go, he said

the consequences may not be enjoyable

When my first Boomerang crashed I returned the motor to Wren, dye penetrant crack detection revealed a suspect turbine disk and they wisely told me the engine should be written-off unless the turbine disk was replaced. This particular motor peaks at 156,000 rpm.

Second hand turbines are widely available and an unscrupulous seller is unlikely to own up to it having been crashed or even have suffered a heavy landing with no apparent damage. There is a good reason for turbine operators ensuring a minimum 10 metre safety margin in the form of a semi circle from in line with the turbine to directly behind it. Think on!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.563 seconds