"MonoKote" - Covering Film

• 4Pedalsfly
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #21724 by 4Pedalsfly
"MonoKote" - Covering Film was created by 4Pedalsfly
Some comments have been made knocking this brand of covering material.
In defence of TopFlite -" MonoKote" it's a great covering material, with correct settings
on the covering iron it goes on easily, shrinks well and will cover complex curves.
When holidaying in the States I would pick up supplies at great $ prices and still have some left.
Pics attached of two models I covered with "Monokote" - yes, the one downside is removing it
but that's life.

Colin.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #21725 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic "MonoKote" - Covering Film

4Pedalsfly wrote: the one downside is removing it
but that's life.

But it shouldn't be! I have another plane covered in this stuff and the transparent top film started lifting leaving the colour and glue behind. I managed to save myself a lot of work by using some vinyl transfer sealer to stop it coming off. It's holding at present. Much earlier I had put an iron to the lifting film not realising the top film had come off and what a mess it made of the iron plate and the area in question. My beef is it's bad enough having to make repair but spending twice or more the time to clean it off makes you wonder why. And of course colour matching with "modern" materials. Fortunately Ultracote/Oracover will stick to some many surfaces including foam if surface is pre-prepared.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds