Large scale warbird kit/plans

• Hobby1964
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #23622 by Hobby1964
Large scale warbird kit/plans was created by Hobby1964
I’m thinking of getting a large scale warbird but nowhere seems to be available, Blackhorse, TopFlite seem to have gone by the wayside so I’ve been looking at the likes of Sarik and Bel Air but was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for decent kits available. Thinking about around 60cc size. Any suggestions appreciated. Cheers Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #23623 by kevinross

• Hobby1964
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #23641 by Hobby1964
Replied by Hobby1964 on topic Large scale warbird kit/plans
Thanks Kevin, they look ok but to be honest I was trying to find a large Corsair as I wanted to fit a Saito radial as I love the sound of them. I was considering the Ziroli Corsair from BelAir but I’ve seen a couple of them have failed on the wing joint which has put me off a bit. There are several Spitfires and Mustangs about but I do like the Corsair shape and engine combination. It’s a shame a lot of the well known manufacturers are not supplying. I’m quite happy to go down the kit route or plans as I enjoy building as well

More
3 years 5 months ago #23642 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Large scale warbird kit/plans
If your serious about a Zirroli build and not aware, this is the place to look.

www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=8

but a word of warning - US designs are known to build heavy if your not careful. (eg the 87" Stearman averages 30 / 35lbs whereas the 89" Flair kit i'm building is 25 /30 lbs)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds