Landing gear.. by class not weight..

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 1 month ago #24123 by
Some of you may have seen my message ref to aircraft parts by class and not aircraft weight and trying to find out which Oleo leg would suit an 8-9 KG plane. As the suspension needs to be strong enough to take the weight of the plane leaving plenty of travel.
Confusion set in finding out engine size is used, as most aircraft have multiple engine sizes depending on users preference.

So my current project. a " Twin Pin " 120inch span, twin motor ( 360-500kv ) 1200 -1400 watts. fixed landing gear. AUW 18LBs ish 4-6 cell pending on props used.

I have Emailed Hobby king to see what there answer is..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #24124 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Landing gear.. by class not weight..
Don, have you got an image of the plane? We can then give a better idea of what you might need. The motors sound ample at 500kv at 50mm motor size on 6 cells. I have some Hobbyking Oleos that I won't need now but they are tall. Travel is around 25mm and compression value about 10lbs
i
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

More
3 years 1 month ago #24125 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Landing gear.. by class not weight..
i assume its the Sarik kit of Chris Golds plan. and have you obtained the back copies covering the build and is there any info there.

issuu.com/trapletpublications/docs/radio...anuar_65d1c57471a3bb

Secondly, do you know the large electric builders in the Christchurch club - Mike Roach & Trevor Hewson. they have huge experience and might be useful contacts

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 1 month ago #24133 by
It was a Sarik kit.. I've had all sorts of agro with bits missing, wrong sizes, the plans are not any better, even to the point the the engine nacelles are glued onto the 1/16 skin !!!! madness. anyways back to the legs. Hobby king have got back to already only 2 of there Oleo legs carry up to 20lbs neither any use.. BUT and there's always a but, Robart do legs and strangely by weight !! at £60 each ish upto 26lbs , Hobby King £34 for two.. Beggers can't be choosers .. I've have and is doing a number of mod's on the plane some to correct/ more like the original.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 1 month ago #24134 by
Hi Phil, You will read reply to Kevin, So no need to double up. I will get George at 4Max to sort motors etc, hope to drop from 6 cell each side down to 5 cells , leaving me 2 cell for electronics. Have hopefully up loaded pic, But I'm doing mine in old BOAC colours ( white and blue )
Attachments:

More
3 years 1 month ago #24135 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Landing gear.. by class not weight..
Now we know what we are looking at. You and Kevin will get on fine then...:lol: Image is a Hobbyking struts I have that might suit. 12mm dia, 215mm long to axle centre, compression 12lbs. So two would support 24lbs before running out of travel.
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds