VQ models AT-6 Texan

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #26278 by kevinross
VQ models AT-6 Texan was created by kevinross
Located this ARF at sensible price to utilise existing hardware. Ordered the Miracle scale type spinner from China. Despite using a much heavier motor than recommended it would have still required significant lead in the nose so i rebuilt the bulkhead and motor mount to create a 30deg sloping box to shift the C of G and eliminate ballast.
Just waiting for a new Rx and some suitable test flight conditions.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by kevinross.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly, Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #26280 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic VQ models AT-6 Texan
I would highly reccomend strengthening the wing hold-down plate and maybe glassing it to the fus' side walls.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinross

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 5 months ago #26283 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic VQ models AT-6 Texan

I would highly recommend strengthening the wing hold-down plate and maybe glassing it to the fus' side walls.

The wing plate seemed OK but nevertheless followed your advise and reinforced with epoxy and small glass bandage.

Also
1. with 4 servos and 2 retracts to connect I used these 8 way MPX style connectors for Port & Std wings sides respectively.
2. Unsure about the impact of an electronic retract overload on the Rx supply so just taken the retract signal / common wires to the wing and fitted a dedicated 2 cell Li-Fe on the wing. (also because they cannot use HV)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly, Brian

More
1 year 5 months ago #26286 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic VQ models AT-6 Texan

impact of an electronic retract overload on the Rx supply so just taken the retract signal / common wires to the wing and fitted a dedicated 2 cell Li-Fe on the wing. (also because they cannot use HV)

Good move. I was going to suggest that. Just needs a signal and common. You might find you need to connect your Life common to a common point on RX side.

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #26288 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic VQ models AT-6 Texan

impact of an electronic retract overload on the Rx supply so just taken the retract signal / common wires to the wing and fitted a dedicated 2 cell Li-Fe on the wing. (also because they cannot use HV)

Good move. I was going to suggest that. Just needs a signal and common. You might find you need to connect your Life common to a common point on RX side.

Yes the battery common is linked to Rx common - the mini 300mA battery has performed approx 20 cycles and still has > 50% charge.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by kevinross.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #26290 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic VQ models AT-6 Texan
I have just splashed out on some MPX connectors too for my H9 Twin Otter due to the fact of some many wires in and out of the wings. (and after a while I forget which JR plugs go where even though I built the wiring :lol: ) Pity they don't seem to make right angle brackets though. The small PC boards give the advantage of more security when pulling the plug on and off.

MPX odd number of 8 pins. Although, 2 x 3 pins for ail and flap and two for throttle = 8

Looks like you have glued the sockets to wing?
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds