GANGSTER 62 LIGHT BY MICK REEVES

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #3752 by
I wanted to find one of the original Gangsters but couldonly come up with the one Mick is doing now so bought the kit last year to get me back into building and the shape of a proper air frame. The kit is for a I/C engine and is so light will fly quite well on a 40 glow (I used to fly them on Merco 61s or the last one on a OS 60 4 stroke quite well) I had a 10cc petrol in the box so thought that would be good but in the end I decided it would make a good electric every day flyer so out with the bits and work out what could be done.
Having fitted a 1400 watt motor and 5 cell to the WOT-WOT which flies around at half throttle and has good flight times I measured up the fus and found that there was plenty of room for a 1500 watt motor and a 6 cell 6000 mamp battery with a 2200 mamp LI_ION for the radio and use high voltage servos, 4 spectrum standard with plastic gears andA High Tec mini metal gear for the steerable nose wheel. The motor is a 400KV 1500 WATT and a 80 amp ESC this should give me on a 6 cell about 8800 rpm and wattage depending on the prop used depending on ground clearance etc.
The kit is laser cut and good quality balsa and light ply, the hardwear a little light for my t aste so binned and decent metal horns etc used, the wing is nearly finished and very light and has been upgraded as required and Cashmored around the under carriage, the wing is quite ridged when complete for built up wing.
I have started to build the fus first having to build a jig, this is not required but my choice, the instructions are in picture and number form with no drawing but are quite well written and the model can be built from these but I am using it to get back into building aircraft so that I have got all the gear ready for building the big Provost.
I hope this as helped, photos when I learn how to get them on the website but you are welome to come and look, I have used traditional glues not insstant so quite a slow build along with all the hospital visits. B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #3755 by
Replied by on topic GANGSTER 62 LIGHT BY MICK REEVES
Hi Frank

You mentioned building a Provost - will this be the jet or prop version?

Ron

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #3758 by
Replied by on topic GANGSTER 62 LIGHT BY MICK REEVES
Prop as it was the first air craft I flew in when I was 10 years old, Father teaching pilots at Ternhill, putting a 3 cyl radial 4 stoke in it 60cc

More
9 years 2 months ago #3763 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic GANGSTER 62 LIGHT BY MICK REEVES

FrankRobinson wrote: putting a 3 cyl radial 4 stoke in it 60cc

B)

More
9 years 2 months ago #3766 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic GANGSTER 62 LIGHT BY MICK REEVES
Ahh this brings back fond memories,the gangster was my first low winger back in the 70's fitted with a merco 61,i crashed it and repaired it so many time it must have doubled in weight ,still flew ok :lol:

More
9 years 2 months ago #3767 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic GANGSTER 62 LIGHT BY MICK REEVES
It sounds very nice and I can't wait to see it fly. Can you let us know the motor you are using in the Wots Wot...and presumably the same motor you'll use for the Gangster?

Mike

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds