U.K Classic Aerobatic Association

• 4Pedalsfly
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #7546 by 4Pedalsfly
U.K Classic Aerobatic Association was created by 4Pedalsfly
With the current interest in building classic pattern ships, thought this website maybe of interest.
Go into www.model flying.co.uk & there is a link on the home page
Pictures of many classics to be found & lots of chat, last posting 31st Dec 2015.

Best Wishes to All for the New Year.
Colin. A
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by MikeSeale. Reason: Fixed a broken or incomplete link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #7548 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic U.K Classic Aerobatic Association
The link on the homepage goes to chat about the UKCAA

Here is a link to the UKCAA homepage
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly, DavidTappin

More
8 years 4 months ago #7551 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic U.K Classic Aerobatic Association
Followed the links Mike. Classic F3A being reborn? One of the mentions was the Gangster. I believe Frank R had one laying around somewhere. I remember him talking about flying one many years ago.

More
8 years 4 months ago #7552 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic U.K Classic Aerobatic Association

PhilF51 wrote: Followed the links Mike. Classic F3A being reborn? One of the mentions was the Gangster. I believe Frank R had one laying around somewhere. I remember him talking about flying one many years ago.

We all had Gangsters years ago, it used to be the club display team model, I had 2 Gangster 52's learnt a lot with them :)

More
8 years 4 months ago #7553 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic U.K Classic Aerobatic Association
Yes, Frank build one of the new laser-cut kits. He got most of the building done but it was clear that he was going to struggle to cover it because it requires long periods stood up and holding your arms in awkward/uncomfortable positions. I, therefore, covered it for him and I know he was pleased to see it nearly ready to fly.

More
8 years 4 months ago #7559 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic U.K Classic Aerobatic Association
Mike noted of Frank's

He got most of the building done

Couldn't we get it finished and fly it on special occasions in Franks honour? I'd love to have a hand in that.

last time I saw it there wasn't much of the structure left to do though I've no doubt that the "90% finished, only 50% to go" rule applies like it nearly always does.

Like Jon I had two Gangster 52's for the display team, later I had a 63 like Frank's but with a nice old HB 61 and a tuned pipe, it weighed a ton, and went like stink.

One of my 52's was involved in a very spectacular mid-air at a display in Wareham, the other 52 was flown by, you guessed it, Richard Skuse. We were doing an opposition pass and met right in the middle of the arena. A tremendous shower of polystyrene foam from mine and what was left of Richard's ended up in the forecourt of an old peoples home, engine still running but out of control possibly due to the fact that there was nothing left of the fuz behind the trailing edge of the wing. Frank was there too, he laughed a lot.

Those were the days.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds