Setting up a Futaba 8j

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11055 by
Setting up a Futaba 8j was created by
Need a little help here if possible. I have installed all the servos and RC in a Wot4 XL that I am putting together. I have sorted out the operating services except the ailerons. On the receiver ch1 is for ailerons but I have separate servos for each wing. The instructions say to use ch6 (listed as flaperons) I cannot work out how to re programme the tranny to make it operate as the other aileron and not a flap as it does at present. Any suggestions gratefully record.
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #11056 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Setting up a Futaba 8j
Simon, with every Futaba Tx I have setup in the past the starting point for a new model memory is to select the model configuration:
This selection is typically:
- 1 aileron, 1 elevator, 1 rudder
or
- 1 aileron, 1 flap, 1 elevators, 1 rudder (probably the one you selected)
or
- 2 aileron, 2 elevators, 1 rudder (the one you probably want, which may also be termed 'flaperon')!

Be aware that in the past you could NOT change the basic model configuration without losing all the other settings for that model! Best thing may be start with a new model memory with the correct configuration and then manualy copy over any things you may have set up in your initial atttempt!
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by JRI.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 4 months ago #11059 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Setting up a Futaba 8j
I wonder if Simon has the correct setup but when he says they both work as flaps he means they both go up and down together?
If this is the case, you'd need to reverse the flap channel (6) and you might also need to physically swap servos over to get them running the right way.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11060 by
Replied by on topic Setting up a Futaba 8j
The problem is that one aileron (on ch1) works fine. Nothing happens with the ch6 of the Rx other than when powered up making the aileron go to one position only (as if it was a flap). I have started a new model on the tranny to deal with this new model. In the setup instructions for the tx it does not say anything about how to programme ch6 of the Rx to be the other aileron control. Only options as far as I can see are in 'trims'.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11061 by
Replied by on topic Setting up a Futaba 8j
Thanks Mike and John For your suggestions. NOW SORTED! Out of interest, Flaperon has a choice of mix or inhibit. Just had to switch mix on and it works fine.
Many thanks
Simon

More
7 years 4 months ago #11062 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Setting up a Futaba 8j
Glad to hear it's sorted now.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds