Anyone used Futaba T6K transmitter ?

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #15326 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Anyone used Futaba T6K transmitter ?
This Spektrum transmitter might be considered. Wireless link for training and good value too. It has a push button momentary switch which I assume is the trainer function.
www.horizonhobby.co.uk/p/spektrum-dx6e-6...94SPMR6650EU&p=43935
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Brian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15327 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Anyone used Futaba T6K transmitter ?

Brian wrote: This Spektrum transmitter might be considered. Wireless link for training and good value too. It has a push button momentary switch which I assume is the trainer function.

This Tx seems to have more than enough capability and more cost effective for what is essentially a free training service. The description says DSMX but i don't know if the current trainer RX's are DSM2 or DSMX.

• JRI
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15328 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Anyone used Futaba T6K transmitter ?

Brian wrote: This Spektrum transmitter might be considered. Wireless link for training and good value too. It has a push button momentary switch which I assume is the trainer function.

The Spektrum equipment is good value for money but for longevity, reliability, and robustness; I am favouring the 'old school' manufacturers. I have had poor experiences with the individual battery cell setup of the low-end Spektrum transmitters, and the switchgear is less than robust, and (subjective and not intended for discussion on this thread) the low-end receivers we have been using seem to brown-out regularly!

More
6 years 3 months ago #15336 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Anyone used Futaba T6K transmitter ?
Hi John - I understand the reasoning for moving away from "Spectrum" brand having repaired trainers last year.
You may recall that I offer midweek training, but I fly Mode 1 & the club purchased a Mode 1 Spectrum tx to facilitate this.
If you go the Futaba route I would be looking to source a compatible secodhand Futaba Mode 1 TX..
Regards
Colin

• JRI
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15347 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Anyone used Futaba T6K transmitter ?
Thanks for the reminder Colin - whichever way we go I would hope to provide a new Mode-1 Tx compatible with the new radio gear and to the same spec as the Mode-2 equipment. Jury is out on which gear to buy though!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.582 seconds