Servo repair

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15422 by kevinross
Servo repair was created by kevinross
My S Bach 342 aileron servo did not operate smoothly during pre flight check on Sunday. It was apparent that the output gear was damaged and a new JR DS 386 is £45 so thought it was worth investigating.
The output gear was easy to extract. It needed a 1mm pin to drive out the brass end stop pin. Drilled a new hole to relocate the stop pin and the damaged tooth.. The most challenging bit was not dropping the minute brass stop pin into the abyss of my workshop floor !

This Yorkshireman is now happy he didn't have to buy a new servo.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15426 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Servo repair

kevinross wrote: My S Bach 342 aileron servo did not operate smoothly during pre flight check on Sunday. It was apparent that the output gear was damaged and a new JR DS 386 is £45 so thought it was worth investigating.
The output gear was easy to extract. It needed a 1mm pin to drive out the brass end stop pin.
Drilled a new hole to relocate the stop pin and the damaged tooth.. The most challenging bit was not dropping the minute brass stop pin into the abyss of my workshop floor !

This Yorkshireman is now happy he didn't have to buy a new servo.

I bet the said Yorkshire man reuses his time bag's as well!!

More
6 years 3 months ago #15428 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Servo repair

flyingpete wrote: This Yorkshireman is now happy he didn't have to buy a new servo.

I bet the said Yorkshire man reuses his time bag's as well!![/quote]

Pete, it is well known fact that a Yorkshire man is very careful when it comes t' spending money. Knowt spent this time lad....;)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds