DSX9 Settings Changed?

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 months ago #18618 by Phil Ford
DSX9 Settings Changed? was created by Phil Ford
Without going into the short story I have been getting all the petrol planes out and running again. Don't want them drying out.

Pitts Python was first this morning. It has been flown once by Jon with no issues except needed some more ballast on the engine box. That was shortly after the maiden. Nothing has been touched since then including the model settings in the TX.

So, before attempting to fire up just check the surfaces and that the throttle moves and the ign off switch works. Strange! Ign off did not work and I always assign my ign cut to the trainer switch on Aux4. Check TX and there is nothing programmed! Sorted that out and then spent ages trying to get the engine started. Nothing! Cowl off to have look in. Plug out and checked. Some fuel down the carb mouth, etc, etc. Nothing! whilst staring at the engine I noticed that the throttle arm appears to be going the wrong way. How can that happen? Reversed the servo and bang the engine ran after three flips.

Bottom line is has anybody come across this before on JR, ie settings getting lost?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #18619 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic DSX9 Settings Changed?
I have two of the same unit and never had any problems but i seem to recall Flying Pete had similar issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

More
5 years 3 months ago #18620 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic DSX9 Settings Changed?
I've never had this happen on any JR radio in the 30+ years I've been using it, but I've never owned a DSX9.

Sounds very strange to lose 2 different settings, are you sure you couldn't have changed something by mistake?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 months ago #18628 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic DSX9 Settings Changed?
I don't think I have changed anything Jon. The only time I have had an issue was with the first Curare having the ailerons going up together but I blame myself that time because I could not think of anything else.

As I now have a DSX11 I will copy all the models (manually) as a back up and maybe later rebind all models to the DSX11

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #18639 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic DSX9 Settings Changed?
DSX11 and Zero owners. According to the manual if a SD card is inserted you can save settings to the card. Manual is a bit ambiguous but can I assume you can copy card data back to the TX?
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
5 years 3 months ago #18640 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic DSX9 Settings Changed?

Phil Ford wrote: DSX11 and Zero owners. According to the manual if a SD card is inserted you can save settings to the card. Manual is a bit ambiguous but can I assume you can copy card data back to the TX?

It would be a completely useless feature if you couldn't!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds