TX Upgrade

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #20070 by AlanF
TX Upgrade was created by AlanF
Looking at upgrading my Futaba 8FG to Futaba 16SZ or Frsky Horus 10s and I'm interested in thoughts and opinions.

JRI Thanks for your reply in Simons thread. I have the 8FG Super which has the latest 14SG firmware. The main thing I want is Telemetry. I think the Horus does it better and cheaper than the Futaba but I am invested in Futaba RX .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #20073 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic TX Upgrade
A quick comment on telemetry...
I've had telemetry on my Jeti and FrSky systems for over 10 years. I've played with various sensors but do not use any of them except for RSSI which is used for the range check.
IMHO, telemetry does nothing to enhance or improve my flying experience. YMMV.
Voice alerts is another thing. It is very useful to know how long you've flown for without looking at the transmitter. And a confirmation that you've flicked the correct switch is reassuring...gear up...landing mode...etc.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #20085 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic TX Upgrade

MikeSeale wrote: A quick comment on telemetry...
I've had telemetry on my Jeti and FrSky systems for over 10 years. I've played with various sensors but do not use any of them except for RSSI which is used for the range check.
IMHO, telemetry does nothing to enhance or improve my flying experience. YMMV.
Voice alerts is another thing. It is very useful to know how long you've flown for without looking at the transmitter. And a confirmation that you've flicked the correct switch is reassuring...gear up...landing mode...etc.

Thumbs up to that. ;)

And Alan, Frsky receivers are a lot less bucks than Futaba :P
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
4 years 9 months ago #20097 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic TX Upgrade
Some FRSKY transmitters can be fitted with a module to allow them to be used with different systems. I modified my Taranis X9e by adding a Spektrum module. For a modest outlay for a second hand Spektrum transmitter, and a few hours work with a soldering iron, my Taranis works with FRSKY and Spektrum receivers. The Taranis X9D Plus takes plug-in modules for JR and Futaba, much cheaper to use these than swapping out all your receivers.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds