Gyros - Help !!

• 4Pedalsfly
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 8 months ago #20373 by 4Pedalsfly
Gyros - Help !! was created by 4Pedalsfly
I'm looking at fitting a gyro into my "Mini Roo" Delta, this to assist my brain /
thumb response.
I'm using FrSky receivers V8FR- II & V8FR in conjunction with a FrSky tx module DFT
fitted into a Futaba 10C tx.
T9 Hobby Sport have already advised that their receivers fitted with a gyro are not compatible.
So I'm looking for a plug in gyro suitable for a 2 servo Elevon set-up.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Colin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #20374 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Gyros - Help !!
Somewhere buried under a mass of stuff I'm "tidying up" I have a receiver with built in gyro, its by FrSky so should be compatible with your module. You're welcome to try it if you like. Let me know, I'll bring it to the field late this afternoon.

More
4 years 8 months ago #20377 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Gyros - Help !!
Colin, I think the issue you have that your TX may not be able to control the gyro settings as per a Taranis which executes a script to set up and use the Gyro. You could program and calibrate the Gyro using a PC and an Airlink USB adaptor but you would still not have tuning control over the gyro. Although this is only my take on it as I don't use modules to change radio protocols. Another option is to buy Brian's Taranis then you would be good to go. If need be I can set up the Taranis for you.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #20378 by Brian
While rummaging for the FrSky rx/gyro combo, I realised that it wouldn't be of any use unless you can control it with a full blown Taranis transmitter. What I did find was an Orange stabiliser. It came from HobbyKing, don't think its available any more. Its an "add on" stabiliser, and I have a feeling that it'll work with any receiver.
Would you like to try it Colin?
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Brian.

More
4 years 8 months ago #20379 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Gyros - Help !!
Orange stabilser! I believe Simon O has one is his nice new shiny Sabre edf. ;) He is happy enough with it

More
4 years 8 months ago #20380 by Brian
I should have got the stabiliser out of the box and into the daylight before offering it. Sorry Colin, I don't know what happened to my Orange V1 stabiliser, all I have now are Orange rx/stabiliser combos. I know I had a V1 stabiliser because I was disappointed to find that it didn't come with a set of male to male leads to attach it to a receiver.
The alternative might be to put the Mini Lec Roo on low rates, bags of expo, then hand it to Jon to test fly.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds