Flight simulator

• Hobby1964
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #20789 by Hobby1964
Flight simulator was created by Hobby1964
Hi all. I'm considering the use of a flight simulator to progress my flying skills before trying new things on my model. Can I have suggestions as to the best one to go for please. Any help much appreciated. Cheers Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #20790 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Flight simulator
I am a bit biased as I did not like Real Flight, but if you can find a copy of Phoenix 5 (works on Win 7, 8 10) that will serve you well. I believe it is no longer developed but copies are around. I think I made a copy for Dave B a while ago. Can't remember whether I put it on DVD or Flash Drive.

More
4 years 7 months ago #20791 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Flight simulator
Hi Phil, I think you gave it to me when we tried to set it up on a laptop for the Ferndown Fete. No idea where it is now though I’m afraid.

Aerofly was the sim a lot seemed to use 10 or so years ago. Bit out of touch now with sims..

• Hobby1964
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #20792 by Hobby1964
Replied by Hobby1964 on topic Flight simulator
Hi Phil
Do you mind if I ask what it was you didn’t like about the Real Flight one
Cheers Jeff

More
4 years 7 months ago #20795 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Flight simulator
For me the graphics were not that brilliant although some say the flight simulation is quite good. I have had all the Phoenix versions since 2 with auto upgrades free. I had to buy Ver 5 (Horizon now owned it) because the earlier versions would not run on Win 10. Phoenix was partly developed by one of our members years ago. I get a laugh from flying off local places like Poole Park, Hurn Airport and other European places. I can make you a copy but you would need a USB to TX adaptor. Ebay? WMAC member with spare one?

Horizon Hobby bought Hobbico which meant they had two sims in their pockets. Horizon dumped Phoenix in favour of their own Real flight. Later Horizon being clever with RF9, £99.00 RRP uses a USB wireless dongle (extra) and guess what it pairs with Horizon's Spektrum brand TXs. :dry:

Apparently you can get a wired USB multi adaptor that will connect to a PC/Laptop from places like Ebay if you want to use Phoenix 5.5.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 7 months ago #20797 by
Replied by on topic Flight simulator
HI all

I have PHOENIX 5 , witch i run on windows 7 , yourself and the club are welcome to take copys of.

Regards to all .

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds