Receiver battery

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 6 months ago #20960 by
Receiver battery was created by
Hi guys I been getting nitro plane togeather and wondered if any one had any suggestion on what reciver battery I should use ..

Thanks Dan
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #20962 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Receiver battery
If it is a sport plane a four cell 2000 maH nimh pack 4.8v will do. about £9.00 These usually weigh about 100gms so you can use them to help the balance for CG. For bigger stuff whether IC or electric I personally favour LiFe 2000 - 2200 mAh 6.6v receiver packs with JR plugs. (if you can easily access them to recharge/balance them) Around £10. 2200 maH's are again around 100 gms. For the latter you would need a balance charger like the electric boys use. Note, if you have any old JR servos in it then you would need to keep to 4.8v packs
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
4 years 6 months ago #20965 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Receiver battery

Phil Ford wrote: Note, if you have any old JR servos in it then you would need to keep to 4.8v packs

Phil this is not the case, JR servos are fine on LiFe batteries, never had a failure. The 4.8v they refer to was based on the nominal voltage of a 4 cell nicad, but they reach just over 6v when fully charged.

More
4 years 6 months ago #20966 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Receiver battery

JonTappin wrote: Phil this is not the case, JR servos are fine on LiFe batteries, never had a failure. The 4.8v they refer to was based on the nominal voltage of a 4 cell nicad, but they reach just over 6v when fully charged.

:evil:

More
4 years 6 months ago #20967 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Receiver battery
Dan 287 has asked for help selecting a Rx battery but i don't think the current posts have helped his decision yet.

May i suggest that Dan advises the actual model size ( It looks lightweight so weight should be considered)

If he is using Spectrum radio, then a 6v cell (5s Nmhi should be considered to help protection against brown out) )

If the model has digital servos, the additional current draw should be considered

Although a 2s Li-fe cell matches a 5s Nmhi, i dont think a beginner needs the extra complication of a battery which requires balance charging

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds