Taranis X9D plus

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 8 months ago #24982 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Taranis X9D plus
Today I fitted the clock battery. Disappointed to find that the time and date isn't stored. All sorts of solutions on Google and OpenTx. One solution worked!
Simply enter the correct year, and switch off the transmitter. After switching it back on, enter the month day and time. Switch off. Switched back on and everything had been stored. Next niggle to solve is the throttle warning at switch on. I tried a lot of things suggested on various websites with no success, until I found quite by accident that "Inputs", shown on page 4 of the 13 page menu, showed that although Throttle Rudder Elevator and Aileron channels showed 100%, the monitor window at the top of the screen showed a different result. Selecting each channel in turn, I exercised each control to its full extent. The monitor window showed 100% for all four controls. The Taranis was switched off, and back on again. First time since the gimbals were upgraded, the switch on was a silent affair. Tomorrow I'll have a go at binding a receiver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #24993 by John Bannister
Replied by John Bannister on topic Taranis X9D plus
Brian Logic RC repair Spectrum or did up to 6 months ago , brilliant service sent it off on a Monday got it back on Wednesday I thought post office had returned my parcel at first but it had been repaired free of charge.
Phone number 01992 558226 google logic rc for address

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 8 months ago #24994 by Brian
Thank you John, I'll see if they can fix my DX8.
Kind regards
Brian.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 7 months ago #25016 by Brian
I've a small model, 36" span, looks like a design called Das Ugly Stik. I wanted to use it as a means of getting to grips with Open-TX and Taranis programming. I'd managed to load a couple of models into the Taranis, so I thought it would be quick and easy to replace the Stik's Spektrum receiver with a frsky V8R4-II. I found that the only easy thing was plugging the servo leads into the newly bound frsky receiver. At switch on, all the servos were reversed and there wasn't an "arming beep" from the ESC. After a lot of mistakes and inadvertent deletions, I had the servos responding the right way round, but nothing from the ESC, a JETI Advance 40Plus. This is a fairly old item and used to have an arming switch, now replaced by a Deans socket and plug. I was at a loss as I'd rechecked all the connections, the battery was freshly charged, but the ESC remained silent when the circuit was armed. As a last resort, I unplugged the battery with the arming plug connected, waited a short while, then plugged the battery in again. Promptly the servos all responded and settled, then the ESC started to beep. Happily the motor runs the right way when the throttle's opened. I switched off by removing the arming plug, waited a while then plugged it in again. Happily the ESC started to beep right away. Can't imagine why it wouldn't work until the battery was unplugged then plugged in again, I thought that using an arming plug would do the same job as the switch it replaced. Perhaps it was due to being fired up in reverse at first switch on.
Attachments:

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #25021 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Taranis X9D plus
Start up with throttle reversed probably.

Tip: In TX or Companion, go to Special Functions menu, pick a switch, eg; SF (arrow down), select Override, then -100%. Until the two position switch is up it cannot throttle up. You can connect battery but throttle is disabled. - Safety ;) Extra tip. Another line. SF (arrow down) Play Track, EngOff. Another line. SF (arrow up) Play Track, EngArm. This will remind you as to what you are doing........:lol:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 7 months ago #25023 by Brian
Thanks Phil, funny thing though, when I first tried the newly installed frsky receiver etc, I had the throttle down, second time it was throttle up. No joy at all until I disconnected then re-connected the battery. I'll copy your post and have a play with the Taranis after tea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds