What RX is required in model for buddy system

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #1942 by
Hi,
My son has had one session with assistance from "uncles". He is using his own model and it was suggested that we purchase an RX which is compatible with the clubs buddy system TX's. Could someone tell me specifically what RX we should purchase or alternatively what TX/RX combination we should buy which is compatible with the clubs buddy system?

Thanks - Mike
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago #1946 by
Hi Mike,

I believe the club's training gear is spektrum, so any full range spectrum RX Will work.
As for a TX this really depends on budget the DX6i would be more than enough for most, but if your son wishes to progress onto bigger models it may pay to get the DX9 for long term use.
obviously there are other brands out there!!!!

More
9 years 11 months ago #1953 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic What RX is required in model for buddy system
If I remember rightly you have an electric Riot or WOT4 or something similar. So I would suggest a Spektrum AR400 or possibly an AR600 if at a later date you may wish to put the receiver into something more upmarket that has retractable gear and/or flaps. These receivers will pair with DX6i and upwards and the club can buddy with these. Suggest shop around online for the best prices for these RXs. AR400 around £24 or the AR600 around £39.

More
9 years 11 months ago #1956 by JRI
There is nothing wrong with the Orange receivers at about 1/4 the price of the Spektrum equivalent.
www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__28...2_4Ghz_Receiver.html

• Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago #1960 by
Second vote for the Orange Rxs. Am using a number, And setting up some more. Buy from UK Warehouse.

Stuart

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds