• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2223 by Phil Ford
Phoenix Flight Sim - No Go! was created by Phil Ford
Does not like Futaba TX anymore!

On Saturday we struggled to get the Flight Sim V5q on the laptop running from my Futaba 6EXi. Tried the club's Futabas and same issue - Not detected. We tried different USB leads too! We then tried Grahams DX8 and it connected and worked. We then tried the Club's DX6i and this worked after some fiddling and was used all day. This is strange because for the last five years my Futaba has been used for the Flight Sim in various locations. It previously worked on all V3s and V4s and recently V5p.

On getting home I went on my home computer which is also running V5q (recently updated from p and was working okay although I had not played on V5q) and again I had same issue as laptop, TX not detected. Windows does beep to say it senses the USB connector.

Uninstalled Flight Sim completely and went back to V3 from CD. Installed successfully but still will not detect Futaba TX. :( oKay, I'll try a different tact. Never before used my DSX9 so plugged it in after setting up a spare model - Oh No, JR is not detected either. Tried swapping for spare USB lead. Still no joy.. :angry:

This appears to be a driver issue to me but can anyone shed light on this problem. Getting hold of Phoenix / Horizon support is a real pain.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #2224 by
Replied by on topic Phoenix Flight Sim - No Go!
My JR PCM9X2 works fine on V5Q didnt have to change any settings at all!!! :unsure:

More
9 years 10 months ago #2226 by Dante
Replied by Dante on topic Phoenix Flight Sim - No Go!
My V5q version works fine, it sounds to me that your USB lead has a fault or that the USB port on your computer is at fault. Dare I ask if you have tried a different USB port on your computer? I am using JR DSX9 Tx and the JR Phoenix RC connection lead.

If your Phoenix lead is OK and all the computer ports are OK then perhaps you need to reconfigure the Futaba Tx. Phoenix RC does have a help section on the program and via their website if you have difficulty connecting through your V5q version (if the latter it would seem to indicate a lead problem) replacements available.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #2228 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Phoenix Flight Sim - No Go!
On Saturday we tried Graham's USB lead also with the same effect - nothing! So, surely that discounts the lead?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2229 by
Replied by on topic Phoenix Flight Sim - No Go!
You all know the answer. Stick with Spektrum!
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2231 by Dante
Replied by Dante on topic Phoenix Flight Sim - No Go!
Not necessarily Phil (F), intermittent faults are the most difficult to find. Only way to eliminate is to use a meter and a bit of wiggling and shaking to make sure
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Dante. Reason: name

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds