Has anyone any experience with FrSky receivers?

• ElectRick
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #26275 by ElectRick
I have successfully bound DSM2, DSMX, FlySky and RadioMaster Rxs. I am trying to bind a G-RX8 FrSky Rx with my RadioMaster 16S Tx.

The Rx firmware is EU-LBT ACCST V2 according to the invoice. I have set the TX to Frsky LBT(EU) and am using CH1 to CH8. The radio is new so I assume it has the latest RF module firmware (at present I do not know how to access this information). The software is EdgeTx v 1.3.3.7 AETR which, when and if I successfully bind this Rx, I will update to 1.3.3.20 TAER.

According to the instructions I set the radio to its bind mode and then depress the Rx bind button while connecting the power. The blue LED momentarily lights before a steady green and red show. On reconnecting the power there is a slow flashing red LED. At no stage do any servos work.

The instructions advise that a flashing red light shows that binding is taking place and on reconnection a steady green light should show. (It also advises that a blue light indicates it is in SBUS mode but on binding without connecting CH1 & CH2 signal pins with a jumper this will revert to PWM mode so I assume that once successfully bound no blue lights show)

Any advice would be welcome before I talk to HobbyRc from where I bought both Tx and Rx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ElectRick
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #26276 by ElectRick
Replied by ElectRick on topic Has anyone any experience with FrSky receivers?
SOLVED!!!! Firstly the note above is incorrect as it is the Module Firmware Status that I updated to V1.3.3.20 not EdgeTX although I think this was not the solution. There are 4 FrSky RF Protocols listed on the RadioMaster Tx and some of these have 6 sub-protocols attached. After laboriously trying them one by by one and recording the LED status and whether the TX Binding process was terminated or not AND trying a jumper between signal pins 1 and 2 I discovered the combination that worked.

The Protocol required is FrSkyX2 LBT(EU) No jumpers.

Alls well that ends well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

More
1 year 5 months ago #26277 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Has anyone any experience with FrSky receivers?
Note: Any TX firmware update will invariably require the receiver firmware too which then require rebinding

• dominicm
  • Away
More
1 year 5 months ago #26281 by dominicm
All my new receivers are Frksy ACCST and use them with TX16S. Also started using sensors to the smart port on X8R for battery voltage. Beats using a timer. It's a bit quirky but once you've learnt how to flash the RX and bind it's straightforward. I used the Painless360 video on the subject to get over hurdles (e.g. supplying power to the RX from the TX).

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #26282 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Has anyone any experience with FrSky receivers?
YES. What do you want top know? I am OpenTX with Horus but used to have a Taranis 9XD. If you go to Downloads/OpenTX I have uploaded some otx files for gliders and small electric warbirds.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

• ElectRick
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #26287 by ElectRick
Replied by ElectRick on topic Has anyone any experience with FrSky receivers?
Since I have discovered the correct FrSky protocol for my S8R Rx and am using it in one of my planes I have moved on to the G-RX8 Vario Rx which I have successfully bound with the same FrSkyX2 LBT(EU) protocol. However I have trouble with discovering the vario sensor.

The receiver shows a green LED and the servos operate correctly showing that it is bound. On the Tx Telemetry page, pressing "Discover new" I get a set of 5 sensors as follows listed 0 to 4:
RSSI 111dB
TRSS 122dB
TQly 100
RxBt 5.1V
A2 11.7V
The first 4 have ID 248 and the last has ID 250

On YouTube others get:
RSSI, RxBt, VSpd, Alt, A2 sometimes in a different order but everyone has Alt, Vspd and A2 with one sensor ID

My vario sensors seem to be missing.
Any ideas?

Dominic/Phillip you both advise flashing the Rx. If I have the Rx binding to the Tx do you think a refresh is necessary? I confess I do not know what an otx file is.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds