Air crash investigators needed.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 7 months ago #6251 by
Replied by on topic Air crash investigators needed.
ok so with the rx thats giving you a twitch. if you swap the elevator and rudder servos in the rx do you get a twitch?

on a side note, I have seen way too many problems with spektrum over the years. Some people never have an issue ever other get lots, I speak to one of the flybarless manufacturers on a regular basis, he's very critical of the components they use, apparently they are mostly domestic components which aren't designed for the temperature ranges etc that we see regularly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 7 months ago #6257 by
Hi Adrian, the last test I did before the twitch disappeared was to swap the elevator and rudder servos in the RX, I could not get either to twitch, so I put them back in their appropriate ports and could only get a twitch on the rarest of occasions, usually not at all. Slightly irritating as I couldn't then know for sure it was as Mike suggested that I was swamping the RX.

You're not the first person to have mentioned a possible Spektrum problem, are you talking about the old DSM2 protocol or the newer DSMX. The RX also seem to like to see a healthy voltage.

I think there is also some confusion about the satellite receivers, some people think that because it has two antennas coming out of them that they should be at 90º to each other, but apparently they are part of the same antenna and so should be in line with each other, which would seem to concur with the way Spektrum molded the plastic case. It is the RX antenna and satellite antenna that need to be at 90º to each other.

It wasn't the RX or TX that caused my crash, that was all down to me :blush: , I just want to be confident in is that the Servos and RX are okay before I use them again.

Welcome to the club,

Chris

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 7 months ago #6261 by
another thought,

set up a pmix of throttle to elevator. waggle throttle, elevator servo moves, does rudder twitch.

or do you have another tx you could try?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 7 months ago #6266 by
Thanks Adrian,

I only have the one TX. I've written a note with your suggested test and put it with the RX, I've packed it all away, along with the remnants of the plane so it's all out of sight for the moment. When I eventually come to do something with it all, I'll be sure to test it all thoroughly and if I have any doubts, I just won't use it.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds