Tx out of trim

• JRI
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #6439 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Tx out of trim
Email sent to Mike, thanks for advice - T14SG looks very much like T8FG with a few improvements & telemetry - maybe it's time to replace Tx anyway as it is 5+ years old. Shame if FASST is abandoned as I have found it to be totally reliable albeit a bit expensive on the Rx side!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 6 months ago #6440 by
Replied by on topic Tx out of trim
before you get too carried away with the 14sg for telemetry to work you will need to buy new receivers. so you will end up replacing rx's the advantage is that the ones you have will work with with it but without telemetry.

I did look at the 14sg a while back but I think if you dont look at cost the Jeti is the way to go,

the ability to go dual transmission path with 2 rx's in a model the fact the regulators offer ability to monitor voltage of both onboard packs as well as output voltages plus all the awesome sensors MUI current sensors are awesome on electrics giving an actual mAh used plus the petrol/paraffin fuel flow sensors that do the same on big models wins the day.

dont get me started on telemetry controls!

but... just dont look at the price tag! whilst a lot cheaper than the top spec JR/futaba stuff its still a few quid!

• JRI
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #6441 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Tx out of trim
I am all ears - but I do have 3 * 2014 Rx', 4 * 617's, 3+ Orange FASST jobbies. So I am going to get the T14SG (but not for telemetry) , and I will retire the T8FG to combat, EDF's, and junk but look at fettling it myself. I will then look @ more advanced systems with telemetry with an eye to controlling high value models and I guess Jeti is a big contender.
Futaba do seem a bit limited on the sensor front anyway and fuel flow and tank level sensors don't appear on the menu of available stuff yet!
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by JRI.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds