Wots Up

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #10506 by Phil Ford
Wots Up was created by Phil Ford
Saturday 29th October a grey windless day. On my last flight of the day Wots Wot decided to "engine out" during a low n slow pass. it just glided gracefully pass me losing height slightly and swept over the western hedge still gliding, I was keeping wings level and kept going till out of sight. I judged that in about 10 secs it will crash land so applied full elevator - and it did! Whilst we made our way to recover it I felt I had to laugh, despite possible bad damage, because I have never ever seen it glide so well before. :lol: Anyway, to cut a short story shorter, it landed and cartwheeled evidently. Rudder broke where it had broke some time ago and a small hole in top wing covering. :whistle:

New rudder made today, fit tomorrow!
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #10507 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Wots Up
Nice job Phil, confidence with covering is coming on well!

Now you've made a new one, get Dave B to tell you what he used the broken one for yesterday :lol:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by JonTappin.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #10508 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Wots Up

JonTappin wrote: get Dave B to tell you what he used the broken one for yesterday :lol:

Oh No! He didn't did he? Add your own answer here

My first thought was he used it to turn the bacon over but polyester flavour did not sound right. :lol:

More
7 years 6 months ago #10509 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Wots Up
:) - sorry Phil, I thought you were done with it!

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #10903 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Wots Up
Only one flight since the dead stick in the other field which is just as well as it happens. The last flight saw the front floor of the fuselage break out on landing.

Made up new floor and gear mounting. No problem. Need to recover part of the forward fuslage. Need to remove wings which is a pain! Just as well because I then found that the wing strut mountings, three out of four where not longer glued in. Epoxy had done nothing either so pull them out and glue back in with Pacer. One also took some wing covering too so another patch. ;) So in all respects the landing issue highlighted undiscovered defects. Lucky!
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds