Mustang Reno Racer

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #12318 by Phil Ford
Mustang Reno Racer was created by Phil Ford
Been laying in the roof space for ages, relevant parts scattered around the house in "safe places" so I can't find them later. Anyway with all the crap weather lately I thought I would make a little effort on this bird. Not wanting to spend to much time and money on this badly reviewed model from Hangar 9. (Poor glue and joints - where was quality control?)

DLE20 "petrol" engine, Spektrum A6000 servos, Dualsky8 amp regulator. For a quick job the covering was dulled/degreased using Acetone then etch primed and painted with acrylic car paint. Yellow is Fiat Broom Yellow (very very close to Cadmium Yellow) and matches the Irvine Spinner, Citroen Poseidon Blue Met, and Ford Purple Velvet Met. Followed by a few coats of petrol resist lacquer. I made and printed out some transfers but being not dense enough in colour. the fuselage base colour bleeds through - so gave up.

The tatty cowl was flatted down a bit and the split plastic dummy exhaust headers pulled off. I am in the process of making some new exhaust manifolds using liteply and 12 pieces of sullivan outer snake - well, thats the plan.;)

Some tweaking of the throttle and I "think" it is a goer.

Now where is the 3 meter Fox?
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds