Help needed for an SE5 Biplane

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 1 week ago #24525 by
I have been contacted by a chap (David) who wishes to get back to the hobby and has an SE5 model that came to grief whilst hanging from a ceiling in a room in his house. He doesn’t know who the kit manufacture was, he purchased it from a friend some 10 years or more ago fully built.

Sadly the fixing that was holding the model from his lounge ceiling failed, the model fell, the tail section broke off and one wing was damaged. He is looking for someone to renovate the model and put it back in flying order. He is happy to pay for someone to do the renovation.
If you know anyone that may help, please let me know and I will put him in contact with David.
Thank you
Simon O

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• throttletothewall
More
3 years 1 week ago #24527 by throttletothewall
Replied by throttletothewall on topic Help needed for an SE5 Biplane
Simon,

Do you have any pics etc just to be able to assess the scale of the task?

Will speak tomorrow.

Peter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 1 week ago #24529 by
Replied by on topic Help needed for an SE5 Biplane
Hi Peter
I will ask David to send me some pictures
Many thanks
Simon

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #24536 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Help needed for an SE5 Biplane
There's a few alarm bells ringing here,
Firstly, an SE5 is not a suitable model to learn or re learn any previous flying skills he may or more likely does not have.
also - If he cant attempt a repair, how is he going to support his hobby going forward.

I think it would be a good idea to suggest he visits our site to see how we approach the hobby.
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by kevinross.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 1 week ago #24537 by
Replied by on topic Help needed for an SE5 Biplane
Hi Kevin
To put your mind at rest he is fully ware that he won’t be flying the SE5 off the bat. He knows he needs to buy a modern transmitter receivers and a suitable trainer model. Also he is planning to join the WMAC.

Let’s see what happens as a WMAC member has offered to start by assessing the repairs needed on the SE5. You are quite right though. A 50 year layoff from flying models may present him with its own challenges and a steep learning curve!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds