CA Glues and kicker and other makes .of glue for wood and foam

More
1 month 1 week ago #26767 by JohnP
I am seeking advice on how to stop the above mentioned glues from being wasted , how to store them once open .
with the cost spiraling  these days . Fed up trying to salvage partly used  bottles of these .
Looked  on our website  nothing about glues  mentioned  .
look forward to some useful  comments .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #26768 by kevinross
I store unopened CA glues in sealed box in the fridge (secretly positioned -  behind my wifes medication !
but normally forget to return part used bottle so they go to waste 

The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnP

More
1 month 1 week ago #26770 by 4Pedalsfly
Hi John - To add to Kevin's comments - I did a search under " How do you store glue "  lots of comments
came up including those from various manufactures.
Main thing to do is store in a Dry, Dark  & Cool place.
Catch up soon.

Regards
Colin. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnP

More
1 month 1 day ago #26780 by Brian
Hello John, keeping superglue in cool dark conditions does improve the shelf life. However, there can be an alternative. I opened a bottle of cyanoacrylate
adhesive last summer. I found that the screw top had stuck after the first use. I managed to get it undone, and cleared the nozzle of cured glue. I replaced the screw cap loosely, screwing it on just enough to stop it falling off. That was early last summer, and the glue has been on the bench ever since, no special storage at all. A brand new unopened cyano from a famous manufacturer bought at the same time, has now turned itself into a solid lump. My glue came from Screwfix, one of their budget range of products., used some of it yesterday (during a rare spell of sunshine). After using the glue, I bang the bottle down hard on the bench several times, this keeps the nozzle clear, an occasional wipe with a piece of tissue helps.  

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds