Safe "T"

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 11 months ago #24559 by Brian
Safe "T" was created by Brian
Fingers and electric propellers usually have one outcome, "Props" 1..."Fingers" 0. My recently acquired Four Star 20EP has the battery right up at the front. I didn't feel comfortable plugging in the battery and having the model become live before the hatch could be closed etc. When Jon took the model for its first flight, I couldn't help noticing that he winced a bit while I was connecting the battery. What I've done may be an overkill, but I'm getting a bit forgetful around things in the workshop, so this is my "easy to see what's happening "safety plug.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #24561 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Safe "T"
Excellent safety measure Brian, and one that many people would be wise to adopt!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

More
2 years 11 months ago #24563 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Safe "T"

John Ireland wrote: Excellent safety measure Brian, and one that many people would be wise to adopt!

I think Colin Arnold has the copyright on that device Brian, your too late! :lol:

More
2 years 11 months ago #24564 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Safe "T"
Ive used the 40amp version of Hacker basic ESC in my S-bach 342.for over 5yrs now - The switch isolates motor and radio BEC output with the Lipo connected. My last action before releasing the model at the pilot box is to select this switch - check all controls and taxi out. After landing , flicking the switch isolates power to bring the model back. However i always handle the model as if its live until the li-po is unplugged.

www.hacker-motor-shop.com/Speed-controll...ProdNr=11107006&p=44

www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/p10924/Hack...rEAQYBSABEgKfDvD_BwE

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds