AR900 Wing

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 1 month ago #25351 by Phil Ford
AR900 Wing was created by Phil Ford
Boys n Toys. Bought this AR900 from Motion RC. 36" wing span. £70. As I had a spare Flight Controller from a previous project that failed. Powered by a 2212 2300 kv motor for 3 cells. 9g metal servos. Wings are detachable if required. Installed the flight controller with a GPS/Compass, Video/Telemetry transmitter and the new Archer Series Receiver. (these new receivers only need to be registered/bound once and the firmware can be updated over the air (OTA). The receiver is connected by 16 channel SBUS. The motor possibly will get upgraded to 2826 1500 Kv later. Waiting for a decent day to maiden. Shame it only comes in Black!

These wings are very well made using EPP and all the parts fit perfectly and get good reviews.

IMG 1: Top cover with Video TX mounted on a ply base with stand-offs (for cooling) IMG:2 Video Antenna on top side of hatch. IMG3: Interior of fuselage.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago #25352 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic AR900 Wing
RunCam 2 now powered by flight controller. The 56 gms of Runcam should balance the wing at CG (hopefully)
Attachments:

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #25358 by Phil Ford
Thursday extremely foggy, not really flyable until midday at least. When the ceiling lifted a little I just had to maiden the AR900. Kept in manual control for first flight to check trims. Hand launched and away it went. Keeping it low as possible but hopefully enough height to get out of a situation gave it some circuits. Flies well. It virtually disappeared a few times in the mist but the strobe was visible. The camera and VTX did not like the damp either. Rather than risk the Runcam HD I used some lead ballast in the nose for CG. Waiting on a better day to test it out fully.

On the present screen. 14 Satellites (USN & Gallileo), Roll angle 7.4 deg, Pitch (climb angle) 6.4 deg, Speed 55 mph, Altitude 77 ft.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly, Brian

• Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 1 month ago #25649 by
Replied by on topic AR900 Wing
these look good, i have the smaller version the 600, no stabiliser or fc though.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 1 month ago #25650 by Phil Ford
Out of the few fpv type wings I have come across the AR series are very well thought out. I had thought about getting a few more members onboard to acquire the AR900 purely as a flying wing for mass formation flying.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 1 month ago #25653 by
Replied by on topic AR900 Wing
yeh, the build and fit and finish of them is very good.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds