3 Mtr Glider. Dual Control Wings

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 2 months ago #1420 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic 3 Mtr Glider. Dual Control Wings
Kevin, I set my TX up for glider / flaperon. Now I have more menus and settings. Launch, Cruise, Speed. What a pulaver to get the thing to fly... :lol: Then there's aileron diff too!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #1682 by Phil Ford
Just got some final finishing to the Fox now that the last two wing servos have arrived and are now installed. Temporarily I have set it up as a normal aircraft. At the moment the ailerons are Y leaded to one channel and the flaps are on Aux1 & Aux2

If the weather allows soon I will put model together and set up TX to Glider mode and have a go at programming Launch, Cruise and Landing modes. RX channels are completely reassigned when in Glider Mode I have noticed. Still reading manual pages 121 to 146, phew!
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #1685 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic 3 Mtr Glider. Dual Control Wings

PhilF51 wrote: Just got some final finishing to the Fox now that the last two wing servos have arrived and are now installed. Temporarily I have set it up as a normal aircraft. At the moment the ailerons are Y leaded to one channel and the flaps are on Aux1 & Aux2

If the weather allows soon I will put model together and set up TX to Glider mode and have a go at programming Launch, Cruise and Landing modes. RX channels are completely reassigned when in Glider Mode I have noticed. Still reading manual pages 121 to 146, phew!

At last Phil - But now you have that extra knowledge and there is no point owning a good Tx and not making use of its capabilities. One point before you fly - This programming probably required some default channel switches / operating levers (ch 5 6 7)to be inhibited - Make sure all these changes have been carried out (in the DEVICE SELECT screen - otherwise you might flick a switch inadvertently and see a control surface operate unexpectedly.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by kevinross.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DavidTappin

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #1687 by Phil Ford
I have followed the manual but have come to a stop. i have rewired the RX as per the Manual because the channels change when in sailplane mode. However, I am stuck a little on the "crow / butterfly" settings and also getting the flaps to follow the ailerons. I am only getting partial mix if you will. :( I have probably missed something or a setting.

Other than adding 20ozs of ballast in the nose, two Dumb Blondes for pilots, not far off now for flight :lol:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

More
10 years 1 month ago #1689 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic 3 Mtr Glider. Dual Control Wings
Phil -my offer on 21st Feb still stands - but we have visitors this weekend.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago #1690 by Phil Ford
Thanks Kevin. Your tied up this weekend? No problem!
Next weekend, April 13th I am away for a few days and then it's Easter weekend. Hopefully get some flying done but if a day over that weekend sees you free then call me or email.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds