Win Green

• MikeSeale
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 days ago #19452 by MikeSeale
Win Green was created by MikeSeale
Just to let everyone know that flying is now permitted again at Win Green after negotiations between Martin Burr (WSA Chair and CDMFC Vice Chair) and Compton Abbas ATC. A Memorandum of Understanding (MuO) was signed last week to allow WSA and CDMFC members AND THEIR GUESTS to fly up to 300m from launch height and 300m radius from launch point. Guests means anyone with BMFA insurance so includes all WMAC memebrs. There is no need to contact Martin or Compton Abbas ATC prior to flying and the MuO is in force all year.

Gourds Farm was not included in this MuO because it is in the middle of their flight paths. This does not mean we cannot get one, but Martin did not want to risk the MuO for Win Green while further negotiations took place for Gourds Farm. I will meet with Martin soon and work with him and Compton Abbas ATC to see if we are able to secure a similar MuO.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanF, 4Pedalsfly, DaveBright, DavidTappin, johnloader, JonTappin, Phil Ford, keith, John Bannister, Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 days ago - 5 years 2 days ago #19458 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Win Green
re Gourds farm.

Just wonder if it would help the case if for the first year at least you applied a more stringent depth and height to allow only "zaggi" types
Last edit: 5 years 2 days ago by kevinross.

More
5 years 1 day ago #19461 by Dave Rogers
Replied by Dave Rogers on topic Win Green

kevinross wrote: re Gourds farm.

Just wonder if it would help the case if for the first year at least you applied a more stringent depth and height to allow only "zaggi" types

Surely you would only up the restrict to zagis if first negotiations failed? Shooting self in foot

More
5 years 1 day ago - 5 years 1 day ago #19463 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Win Green
I know Martyn Burr who negotiated the Win Green agreement. That site did not present a problem because when you overlay Compton Airfield established circuit patterns over the new FRZ map, there is no conflict. Compton ATC recognise there has never been a problem.

Gourds farm is much (very much) closer to their circuit pattens. Without a restriction on model types a high performance soarer could easily conflict with Full size.
Last edit: 5 years 1 day ago by kevinross.

More
5 years 1 day ago #19465 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Win Green

kevinross wrote: I know Martyn Burr who negotiated the Win Green agreement. That site did not present a problem because when you overlay Compton Airfield established circuit patterns over the new FRZ map, there is no conflict. Compton ATC recognise there has never been a problem.

Gourds farm is much (very much) closer to their circuit pattens. Without a restriction on model types a high performance soarer could easily conflict with Full size.

I think we understand that Kevin, but Dave's point is why would be offer that initially and restrict ourselves. It would surely be better to keep it in reserve if it becomes necessary to address their specific concerns?

• MikeSeale
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 1 day ago #19466 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Win Green
At the moment, the only reason we do not have a MuO is because Martin did not know exactly where we fly. I had sent him a map and Google coordinates but neither he nor the ATC were able to establish where we flew. Martin and I will discuss this week whether to approach jointly (since he has already established a good working relationship) or just me (since he has no vested interested). Regardless, my I intial request will be for the same deal as Win Green. This might not be possible since, as pointed out by Kevin, Gourds Farm is in the middle of the circuits normally flown at Compton Abbas. If we are unable to have the same deal I will negotiate as much altitude as possible.

Until the meeting takes place there seems little poi t in further discussion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanF, 4Pedalsfly, DaveBright, DavidTappin, JonTappin, John Bannister

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds