Freewing MIG 15

More
2 years 3 months ago #25474 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Freewing MIG 15
1700 mAh works fine and fits with no fitting mods. Cheat hole is best made by cutting out the front windscreen panel in the canopy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #25475 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Freewing MIG 15
For info - Motion R/C recommend a 1600mA for my freewing Panther. In realty the battery needs to be < 20mm high to fit without butchery. So i went for Nano tech 1800mA which fits perfectly and gives perfect C of G when slid fully forward and approx 3 min flight time (14% charge remaining) However, yesterday i flew it with a 2200mA sitting further aft which also gives perfect C of G and 4mins flight time but the model seems less agile.

By the way - my launching skeg works well. (my grasp is too small to underarm launch)
Attachments:

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #25476 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing MIG 15
My Sabre uses 2200 3S Zippy 35C pushed right up front. I tried a 4 cell Zippy too but had to skim off 2mm of foam off each side of battery area. Not much again in performance in reality so reverted back to stock. Panther also uses 2200 3S Zippy again right up front as far a sit will go. Panther also has 25gm of lead in nose area too. Both 3 - 4 minutes flight time. Bear in mind though that if the Motion RC lipos are 50C which are heavier anyway hence their quote of 1600 -1800.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds