BVM Mig.15

More
7 years 2 months ago #12265 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic BVM Mig.15
Iv been building the mig for a while and tonight I came across the first mistake from BVM. I offered up the underwing tanks and the 2 pre drilled holes for the hard points are 20mm out.
Not a bad effort from BVM as I have assembled 200 or so parts with no problem.I just hope the ply hard points under the wing skins are large enough to allow me to re drill the holes. Anyway time for a vodka, will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #12268 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic BVM Mig.15
Fingers crossed Pete.:pinch: Would be an absolute bitch now it's all painted up and nearly finished.:(

More
7 years 1 month ago #12269 by flyingpete
Morning Guys, I'm not prepared to run the risk of re drilling the holes 20mm further in,as after the pilot hole is drilled I have to open them up to 6mm to accept the alloy female bolt fitting.
As shown in the picture if I mount the tanks using the holes drilled by BVM the pylon mount will foul the flaps by 20mm . To get over the problem I will make a 45° cut 20mm in on the rear of the pylon to allow the flap to deploy.
Attachments:

• JRI
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12270 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic BVM Mig.15
When I first started looking at building the model myself I could not initially find the drop-tank pylon holesor hard points - so I phoned BVM and they offered to send me the wing plans (for $50 + P&P + Tax + Import Duty) Naturally I declined, but amazing coincidence that this the only place where Pete has encountered a design problem.
Many of the Mig15's in existence also deplyed a pair of stays at the front of the drop tank to the wing (maybe the load of a full tank was too great on the pylon.
Attachments:

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #12271 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic BVM Mig.15

flyingpete wrote: I will make a 45° cut 20mm in on the rear of the pylon to allow the flap to deploy.

Smart thinking Pete.....:) Assuming that the flap does not go down more than 45 degrees? Does the full size?
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12272 by flyingpete
Masking tape on the drill bit to make sure I don't drill through the wing, open the holes to 6.5mm and epoxy the mounts in the wing. Screw tank to wings check full deployment of flap,problem solved. Repeat the same for other wing and touch up the blue.
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.554 seconds