Begin' Acro Glider

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11317 by
Begin' Acro Glider was created by
At Christmas, I've just discovered there is generally a little spare time between eating, phoning, texting, and being with family, and if one is a little sneaky one can slip away for a few minutes... and I'm not sure how it happened, but all of a sudden my bench was getting covered with little bits of balsa :whistle:

It made sense to start with the tail section as that is probably doable on Christmas Day without upsetting anyone! So the Begin' Acro build begins.

Model details: www.topmodel.fr/en/product-detail-18881-...nacro-180m-laser-kit
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11318 by
Replied by on topic Begin' Acro Glider
Phone calls are made so much easier with a hands free kit and enables you to do other things while chatting!

I've glued the front and rear half of each fuselage side together, and was slightly surprised that this is the only reinforcing the joint is going to get:

The joint is end grain to end grain, the weakest joint possible, I'm tempted to inlay a 1mm strip of balsa of about 15mm wide to help strengthen the joint. There is a servo tray and a plate that the wing bolts onto over this joint so I can't just glue extra wood on top.

I don't think I'll get away with doing any more tonight so it'll have to wait until the morning.
Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago #11321 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Begin' Acro Glider
Chris - Are you expecting a long hard winter ?
Just off to the shed for some post Christmas therapy.
Colin

More
7 years 4 months ago #11322 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Begin' Acro Glider
Chris needs to be introduced to cyano urgently :whistle:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11323 by
Replied by on topic Begin' Acro Glider
Colin, would you be referring to the socks :) I guess as you get older presents get less exciting. But saying that, I've suffered more then one cold day flying and the cold always seems to seep up from my feet, so maybe they will do the trick. I'm still too young to wear thermal underwear ;)

Pete, CA would certainly speed up the process, but I've come to the conclusion I'm allergic to it. When doing the CA hinging for the Mythos I had a streaming nose for a good few days afterwards, and just when I'd forgotten about it, I've had two really bad nights with a streaming nose after using a tiny bit of CA on that little glider, so alas I'm only going to build with it as a last resort.

More
7 years 4 months ago #11324 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Begin' Acro Glider

Chris001 wrote: Colin, would you be referring to the socks :) I guess as you get older presents get less exciting. But saying that, I've suffered more then one cold day flying and the cold always seems to seep up from my feet, so maybe they will do the trick. I'm still too young to wear thermal underwear ;)

Pete, CA would certainly speed up the process, but I've come to the conclusion I'm allergic to it.

When doing the CA hinging for the Mythos I had a streaming nose for a good few days afterwards, and just when I'd forgotten about it, I've had two really bad nights with a streaming nose after using a tiny bit of CA on that little
glider, so alas I'm only going to build with it as a
last resort.

Under these extreme circumstances I will let you off B)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds