3D Printed Models

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 1 month ago #12322 by
Replied by on topic 3D Printed Models
Hi Ron,

I believe the possibilities are going to be quite significant, but that is in part if you are able to design what you want, otherwise you're at the mercy of other peoples designs. To that end I've been playing with a 2D and 3D CAD package for the last month, trying to do a little each evening, mostly tutorials but a bit of my own designing too.

It's a steep learning curve, and maybe in the end it will be beyond me. I'm still not sure where 3D printing is going to go, at the moment the quality, from what I've seen, is fine for prototyping and items that don't need a refined aesthetic quality, i.e. my antenna mounts. But as stepper motors and control units are coming down in price I've got an eye towards CNC hot wire cutting and CNC routing/milling. But before any of that I need to learn to design, and then understand the work flow from design to product, so nothing is going to be happening any time soon.

How fine a resolution can your 3D printer print, 0.1mm?

All the best, Chris
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #12513 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic 3D Printed Models

DavidTappin wrote: Whatever next?

A see-trough P38 for less than $20 worth of material - who's got a 3D printer and wants to have a go at this?

3D printed turbofan -edf with reverse thrust!
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by DaveBright.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds