Somers Kendall SK1

More
6 years 1 month ago #15844 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Somers Kendall SK1
Looks good, Peter.

I don't use W10 so cannot vouch for this piece of s/w but it might be worth checking it out if you are on W10

Video capture feature of Windows 10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #15849 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Somers Kendall SK1
Liked the video. The expression "pilot box" takes on a new meaning 15 seconds in!

• throttletothewall
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #15876 by throttletothewall
Replied by throttletothewall on topic Somers Kendall SK1
The weather over the last few days has made it too cold to get into the workshop so I have spent the time working on the drawings of the engine cowl for the SK1 to try to help Jim Gordon to get the CAD drawing right in this area. I have scaled the drawings to 1/4 scale and have poured over the pictures and the three views and come up with a side elevation, top view and three sections (formers) to aid the interpretation.

I have also today finished writing the letter to the current owner, of what remains of the SK1, to ask for copies of any data he may have that is not in the public domain and to seek access to the remains currently in France for measurement and photography purposes and finally to get a small paint chip for colour matching purposes. It is in the post and I will wait to see if it produces a positive response and any useful information or anecdotes about the aircraft. I am now drafting a letter to geoffrey Somers the son of the late Nat Somers to see if he has any photographs not in the public domain that he would be willing to share with me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveBright

More
6 years 1 month ago #15883 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Somers Kendall SK1
It was good to see pencil and paper being used to draw the the engine cowl. Took me back to the mid fifties when I worked on the lofted lines of the early Cierva/Saro Skeeter.
Good to see some original design work, far more rewarding than assembling a moulded foam aeroplane designed on a computer and made by cnc tools. Hope your research turns out well.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds