Pull-Pull rudder cable exit angle

• JRI
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15478 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Pull-Pull rudder cable exit angle

JonTappin wrote: Is it worth doing a balance check before you go down that route, don't want to end up needing so much lead that you need to rip it all out again?

Yes, there must have been a reason all the servos are mounted up-front, suspect tail heavy design!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15481 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Pull-Pull rudder cable exit angle

JRI wrote:

JonTappin wrote: Is it worth doing a balance check before you go down that route, don't want to end up needing so much lead that you need to rip it all out again?

Yes, there must have been a reason all the servos are mounted up-front, suspect tail heavy design!

Tell heavy is typical for a warbird unfortunately

More
6 years 3 months ago #15492 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Pull-Pull rudder cable exit angle

JRI wrote: the model was designated as 40cc that my 55cc 3W up front will balance out the servos, otherwise it might be a late night visit to the local church roof! Also I have an inboard tuned pipe which might well have cooked the spaghetti of plastic guide tubes.

Re JT's comments on Scale models - Suspect a large proportion of your tuned pipe will sit aft the C of G which will counter the heavier motor. So fitting servos aft could be detrimental.

BTW - Given the installation problems you have - Don't be tempted to reduce the moment arm on the control horns for "scale effect"
(Frank tried this on the Provosts rudder but the pull pull wires had no authority on the control surface so i have had to surgically remove it and rework)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds