Hinge Options 2

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #4980 by Phil Ford
Hinge Options 2 was created by Phil Ford
I am seeking comments from those with more practical experience on control surface hinging. A build for the future :lol: or a bigger house ;) in the 50cc class. This aerobatic / IMAC model comes with Mylar hinges albiet quite a few per control surface. Due to the size of this model I would be inclined to use Robart Pin points at 1/8th size. (The recent CAP232 has 3/16th hinges but I think these are too big)

At 1/8th I would suggest 5 per elevator and 6 per aileron, the same number as per the Mylar hinge slots. I do have a Robart Hinge tool and I don't mind having to create the sockets. I feel that the Robarts' would give a much more freely swinging surfaces and a minimal hinge gap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4986 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Hinge Options 2
Just a thought Phil, you might consider Kavan type pinned hinges if you have slots already cut for mylar hinges. The slots may need easing slightly but might be easier than drilling for Robarts. Also you need to consider how much meat is available for fitting the Robarts into if it's an ARTF
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by AlanF.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #4987 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Hinge Options 2
I will add some more info. My model is by AeroTech and an identical model by AeroWorks had pin point hinges so the amount of wood should not be a problem. :unsure:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds