DH VAMPIRE

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 3 months ago #7763 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic DH VAMPIRE
For those with keen eye's!! The model is not bolted together for the pics, so the gap's you notice on the fitment of wings and tailplane will be eliminated once they are tightened

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #7764 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic DH VAMPIRE
Looks great Pete. Can't remember if this has been discussed but what's the colour scheme going to be? David? Do you have lighting for it already? I had some new 10W Strobe LED's turn up the other day for the Hawk.... I turned them on, appreciated them, turned them off and continued to appreciate them for at least a further 15mins! They're brighter than the genuine strobe units I had. braincube systems seems to be great.

More
8 years 3 months ago #7768 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic DH VAMPIRE
Dave asked

what's the colour scheme going to be?

The Model is based on one of the prototypes which resides in the Midland Air Museum in Coventry, see:

www.midlandairmuseum.co.uk/explore.php

The full-size, RAL-G, in the third picture down. I understand that the suffix G was applied to any prototype which was on the secret list and required a 24 hr armed guard.

I collected the electric disc brakes while in Germany last weekend, I am also going for electric actuation as I am completely fed up with the unreliability of the Spring Air's on the Boomerang. They always work perfectly in the workshop but develop leaks the moment they arrive at Cashmoor!

It's getting exciting thanks to Pete.

David

More
8 years 3 months ago #7772 by simondean
Replied by simondean on topic DH VAMPIRE
Looks like another top quality build Pete. Look forward to seeing this perform at cashmoor alongside the Panther and maybe the Hawk one day :)
JRI is going to have to step up with a scale Jet ??

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #7776 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic DH VAMPIRE
Also, looking forward to seeing and getting this through the lens! By the way, there's another Airworld Hawk on Bmfa RTF if anyone wants to duo? :)
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by DaveBright.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 3 months ago #7777 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic DH VAMPIRE
The air brake's on the vampire deploy fully at 90 degrees to the wing as shown in picture 6!
The way that they were constructed and hinged as per the drawings gave me great concern to the overall strength as they would be deployed at great speed.
Even the designer lost his 25% scale vampire due to the break up of a airbrake in flight.
So after a lot of thought and three different designs i have gone with a 2.5 mm steel full length hinge pin running inside a bearing tube which in turn is bonded to a lite ply air brake bottom instead of balsa.For the top surface of the air brake i have used 1.5 mm f/ glass sheet which is also bonded to the lite ply bottom and bearing tube, this results in a mega strong air brake installation .
The following user(s) said Thank You: DavidTappin

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds