WMAC Group build - Impressivo

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2306 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic WMAC Group build - Impressivo

flyingpete wrote:

JonTappin wrote: Impressivo now fully repaired, including repair and recover of the nose AGAIN! (thanks Simon :) )

Also just received 2 new 60-120c Turnigy packs for my bid to exceed 150mph :evil:

Awesome Jon :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks Pete, doesn't really match up to your rebuild though! :blush:
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by JonTappin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2307 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic WMAC Group build - Impressivo
New batteries - all this expense in the search for more speed, wouldn't a £2 prop with a bit more pitch have been a cheaper first effort?

Mike, please advise the name of your doppler speed measuring ap, we may be needing a second opinion.

Hoping that the weather on Saturday won't be putting a stop to the fun though, XC looks promising but the TV forecasters don't seem to agree.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2308 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic WMAC Group build - Impressivo
They weren't purchased for a speed record attempt, just that my 25c Thunderpower packs that I originally bought for my foamy were getting a bit too hot after 5 minutes of flat out!! :evil:

The app is called rcspeedo for the free version and HKDoppler for £1.20
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by JonTappin.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #3023 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic WMAC Group build - Impressivo
Incredibly, after a vertical descent into the field - The left wing is still intact and what remains of the right wing is still ridged. So if any there is an unbuilt kit / profiles remaining anywhere - I could rebuild it !

d !
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by kevinross.

More
9 years 7 months ago #3024 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic WMAC Group build - Impressivo
Oh Kevin, was it bad luck or a system failure? Is there a clue in the missing aileron on the right wing?

All the ribs and formers etc are shown on the plan, could you not blow them up on your scanner and cut a new set or create a file and get a set laser cut, plenty of people offer the service, Belair for one - I've used them.

Try Leon on 01362 668658 or you'll find his email address in almost any of the model mags.

Good luck, David

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #3028 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic WMAC Group build - Impressivo
The battery started to die on a downwind pass so i closed the throttle, pulled up and reversed the model but it wouldn't pull out - no radio response / signal loss. It seemed to develop an unhealthy love of the soil.
Despite being seriously reshaped in the crash, the battery still had 7% power remaining and In fact, Both elevons are still intact and fully operational. (they are black on the lower face)
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by kevinross.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds