So I Bought A Horus

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 week ago #22359 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic So I Bought A Horus
I think the acid test will be how much swearing is required when it comes to modifying a plane setup at the field. I prefer the Futaba/FrOS approach but that's what I'm used to. Despite my moaning, I'm actually enjoying learning OpenTX, especially given the current situation, and promise to present a positive attitude from now on :)
It'll be interesting to see if I'm prepared to switch back to FrOS once FrSky fix the bugs - I'm not holding my breath for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #22361 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic So I Bought A Horus
Making adjustments is fairly easy but you won't have very many people who can help you if something more complex is needed. So dual rates, expo and so on are simple. But if someone flies your model and says you need a throttle to elevator mix then you'll be on your own.

Regarding the glider templates you saw on RC-SOAR...don't dismiss them too quickly...if you have a Zagi or similar it would be worth taking a look at the 'Wingy' template. There isn't much to it and if you get your head around this one it opens up a lot of possibilities for other things. For example, the way he has used logical switches and in flight adjustments makes setting up so much easier. I used this template as a starting point for my F-105 EDF and being able to adjust the differential in flight meant that I had axial rolls dialled in on the first flight.

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #22362 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic So I Bought A Horus
If you are coming from Futaba then OTX should be easy. Getting help at the field for a Futaba is next to nearly zero....:lol: :evil:

Would you like one of my edf models set up file to play with? OTX 2.3 Companion needed. Right click save link as.....
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by Phil Ford.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 week ago #22363 by AlanF
I'll have a play with that Phil, thanks. I'm going through setting the S6R at the moment; Painless360 to the rescue once again. The rc-soar site looks to be a good resource for the future. Onwards and upwards I now have blue widgets - how did that happen?

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #22364 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic So I Bought A Horus
That file I posted will be ideal. It is for an edf with retracts and you may find the set-ups a for S8R and Telemetry for battery monitoring very useful.
Attached the dummies guide set up fro S6R, S8R
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by Phil Ford.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 week ago #22367 by AlanF
Thanks for that Phil, I'm just going to have a look through it now. I made the classic mistake of fitting the RX the correct way up to a plane that was inverted on the bench. After I'd finished I thougjht "I'm not sure that's right" so I put the plane up the right way, ran the config LUA script and sure enough it was all wrong. Can't blame OpenTX for that!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.545 seconds