Wing Incidences?

More
7 years 2 months ago #12060 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Wing Incidences?
Hi Colin

You are of course correct regarding the cg effect on trim, but in this case the cg was pretty close to optimum, it was possibly a touch nose heavy with a very benign stall, but didn't require much elevator inverted and also had surprisingly little rudder couple in pitch and roll. So I'm pretty confident it is an incidence issue rather than cg.

100% Agree with your gas comment though, we don't fill our cars with gas do we? Another Americanism finding its way into our language. Perhaps this is just us showing our age though! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly, DavidTappin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #12061 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Wing Incidences?

JonTappin wrote: Hi Colin - 100% Agree with your gas comment though, we don't fill our cars with gas do we? Another Americanism finding its way into our language. Perhaps this is just us showing our age though! ;)

Well, I was only reading the text off the OS engine carton and I am sure it said gas (gasoline, liquified gas) and not petrol. :lol: I agree to Americanisms. Like, OMG and our TV live audiences now do that squealing, howling sound, mainly girls on these "talent" shows. All previously not known except in the US. So annoying to me anyway.

Back on subject: To be truthful after comparing Pennzoil which also has a slight up elevator (has 6 clicks of UP) and both Chipmunks fly well I was maybe being over picky at 5 clicks of UP. However, it would be nice to reduced clicks if possible. Ailerons definitely need sorting for my peace of mind. I have not flown Pepsi yet but if it flies to me like Pennzoil then happy days. ;)
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly

More
7 years 2 months ago #12066 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Wing Incidences?
Phil - O.S. Engines come in BOXES , milk & other drinks come in cartons.
Colin

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago #12067 by Phil Ford

4Pedalsfly wrote: Phil - O.S. Engines come in BOXES , milk & other drinks come in cartons.
Colin

The "box" was inside another cardboard thingy and on the outside it said, " Carton Contents 1. OS Gas Engine Japan" Then some squiggly bits which I assume was Japanese and said probably much of the above. :dry:

But if it helps when up the field I will say petrol engine to save any confusion for the electron guzzlers. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly

More
7 years 2 months ago #12076 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Wing Incidences?
Hi Phil, you seem to have had a load of interest in your trim settings. I never thought about "gas" engines or the difference between "box" and "carton" before. Its all been good fun. Perhaps you should cut a piece of card from either the box or carton, then tuck it securely between the wing seating and the trailing edge of the wing. Whatever you do, keep flying, trimming, opening boxes or cartons, using gas or petrol and posting something interesting to read.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #12080 by Phil Ford
Glad you find my threads interesting Brian. :) I will see if I have any more "boxes" to open. Are here is one never been opened - DLE35RA Gas engine. ;)

You may have noticed that we have a good number of amateur comedians bringing humour too. (Usually) :evil:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds