Flyzone Sensei Trainer

• MikeSeale
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #10721 by MikeSeale
Flyzone Sensei Trainer was created by MikeSeale
We have a new member, Ernie Keene, who has visited Cashmoor with his West Highland Terrier several times over the last month or so. He's been picking our brains in order to make sure he bought the right gear first time...and he got it spot on with the Flyzone Sensei Trainer. This is the same model as the ST Models Discovery that another new member, Lee Searles had recommended.
Yesterday was maiden flight day, although Ernie thought he was just going to be setting it up and flying another day! The model comes with a 3-axis gyro fitted which neither of us could fathom out in the time available (I have a short attention span) so it was removed. His DX6 radio was linked to one of the clubs DX6i transmitters using the wireless buddy box and we were away. A few clicks of elevator and aileron trim and control handed over to Ernie. Ernie flew it well even though the light was poor making visibility against the grey sky difficult at times. The model lands easily...better than any trainer I've flown. It loses height when throttled back, but does not drop out of the sky like some do. When it is close to the ground I added a little throttle and it flew itself onto the landing strip. Ernie had a total of three flights and on the last one he took off himself...just open the throttle and keeps the wings level when it takes off.
I know that some will have negative opinions regarding a foamy trainer, but this model is certainly one to recommend for anyone just starting out. Perhaps Ernie can give a few more details of the items he bought, where he got them and how much he paid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #10729 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Flyzone Sensei Trainer
Maybe some members are biased against foam trainers based on what happened to the
clubs foam trainers.
Having trained various people who owned their own foam trainers they were well pleased
with them. The models were well prepared & maintained by the proud owners.
The Multiplex Fun Cub being a good example , it's large soft wheels absorbing heavy landings.
HK offer their " Tundra" which is similar having a fine spring undercarriage.
Colin

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #10730 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Flyzone Sensei Trainer
Biased against foamies? Surely not! Wot ever gives you that idea Colin. ;)

Well done Ernie. Been a while but now your airborne. I did see it flying around but was not aware who was actually flying it. Good for you. :) Hope Scottish Terry has dried out now, poor soul. :lol:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #10733 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Flyzone Sensei Trainer

PhilF51 wrote: Been a while but now your airborne.......

Phil, our you going two finish this sentence?

I want too know.... his airborne what?

;) and they're was you correcting Mr Bannister....
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by DaveBright.

More
7 years 5 months ago #10734 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Flyzone Sensei Trainer
And not to go off topic.... Ernie's model looked to fly well and I saw Mike do some awesome landings which, as it happened, was not the theme of the day :)

More
7 years 5 months ago #10740 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Flyzone Sensei Trainer

DaveBright wrote:

PhilF51 wrote: Been a while but now your airborne.......

Phil, our you going two finish this sentence?

I want too know.... his airborne what?

Airborne (period) - meaning he was so ecstatic to see it finally fly he was jumping for joy unlike poor Scottie who was looking rather forlorn, sensing now that he will have play second fiddle to the Sensei ;)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds