So, Which model next?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #1022 by
Replied by on topic So, Which model next?
Hi all, been a little while since been on here, so hope you all had a good Xmas and happy new year to you all!

What with the weather being so bad, I thought no one would be up cashmoor, so I took to watching other shaving bags of fun on YouTube!

Anyhow, whilst watching YouTube I came across an airframe which I saw on a YouTube channel.

shop.flitetest.com/aircraft/ft-versa-wing-speed-build-kit/

The video can be found here....
flitetest.com/articles/ft-versa-wing

Question is, is this really a good option for a trainer (as the video says) and does anyone know of something similar which is widely available in the uk? Although the airframe is only 28$, but shipping is over 40$! So that's set part of £50 roughly.

Thanks for any feedback!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #1023 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic So, Which model next?
Hi Dan. Take a look at the flying wings available from Robotbirds , especially the ones from Telink and Hacker.

And yes...this type of model is certainly OK for beginners.

Mike

More
10 years 3 months ago #1024 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic So, Which model next?
Dan - It's a flying wing and not suitable for learning to fly.
I have the electric powered J Perkins "Zagi" which is similar and at times I occasionally
get disorentated with it , being just a wing it can be difficult to see which way it's going.
Best stick with a conventional model layout for learning on.
Hope this helps you.

Regards

Colin.A

More
10 years 3 months ago #1025 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic So, Which model next?
I agree with Colin that a conventional model is better, but there are a lot of people who do learn to fly using 'wings' and small ones made from epp are going to be reasonably crash resistant. Also, Dan is already flying a powered glider quite competently so I'm sure he will be fine with a wing next.

Mike

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #1026 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic So, Which model next?
Just get a non powered wing anyway. When it is windy you can have tons of fun and spills on the slopes and not sat at home ;)

I would suggest a Riot as per the Club trainer and mine albiet they are upgraded. Breaks down to fit in a car boot but me thinks Dan, that you may have passed that level. Although at full rates the Riot can be really fun. One of our members has modified it for flaps and it slows down to a crawl.
I assume you have read this article on the Club Riot - wimbornemac.org/articles/reviews/44-club-trainer-goes-ep
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
10 years 3 months ago #1027 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic So, Which model next?
Mike - Slightly off subject but this is interesting.
When I read Dan's posting there were no replies posted & I started typing mine thinking
I was first to reply. Yours timed at 23.47, mine at 23.56 - guess yours must have arrived whilst I was
still typing ( slow typer and I read carefully before hitting "send" )

Back on Subject :

Note for Dan - Per Phil if you wish to get a flying wing - Nigel Fay is selling all his models prior going to the States,
included in the list is a Zagi ready to fly. If you look at the ads section under "Glow Power" you will find his contact details.

Regards

Colin.A

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.525 seconds