• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #12504 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Question on a New Charger
Thanks for your help guys

Chris, the heli and the Yak use the same batteries so to answer your question it is for both

Not to worried about charging at the field, once all the batteries are charged I would charge them one at a time at the field, and I know I can charge 6 x 6S packs from my leisure battery before it dies. Its main purpose is to speed up the charging process at home , now the days are getting longer I have 2 flight packs and 1 ignition pack for the Extra, 4 x 6S packs for the Yak and 5 x 3S packs for the foamy, hence wanting to be able to charge 4 batteries at a time, so even if I could charge 2 x 6S packs and 2 x 3S packs at the same time it would really speed things up

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #12511 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Question on a New Charger

Chris73 wrote: Thanks for your help guys

Always willing to give useful advice - sometimes, not always but sometimes.:lol:

Can you please change your avatar. I keep thinking the page is inverted and it is creaking my neck. Although I have tried wearing my specs inverted but to no avail.

• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #12512 by Chris73

PhilF51 wrote: Can you please change your avatar..

Nope

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #12514 by Phil Ford

kevinross wrote: Hi Chris

The charger has a capability of 400watts in DC mode but i doubt the AC capability is much more than 100 watts. In order to generate 125/150 watts of charging power that charger will need to draw ITRO 15 amps at 12v. This needs a heavy duty power supply.
I suggest you look at a straight DC /DC charger and support it at home with an independent AC/DC power supply

Chris, for power supply have you thought of using a second-hand PC power unit. They produce very smooth DC at +12 v and +5v and the newer ones are good 500 watts. All you need is someone to modify the cables and reduce down to one 12v lead out. Can pick them up for less than a tenner usually. I have a 500 watt stashed away too, just needs me to make an effort to modify it.;)
Attachments:

• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #12515 by Chris73
I went for the Dynamite Prophet Sport Quad 4 X 100W AC/DC Charger in the end, even if I charge 4 x 6S packs at 4amps it will be much quicker than my current set up, and this also avoids the extra cost of a separate power supply

I spoke to someone that has one of these and they were very impressed with it.

Like I said, once everything is charged I would only be charging one or two batteries at a time at the field, so should be ok for my needs

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #12516 by Phil Ford
Nice charger. That'll do you just fine. I thought about about dumping my Quatro 240 for one but the price put me off. Not that desperate.;) At the moment......

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds