Question on a New Charger

• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #12494 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Question on a New Charger
Wouldn't be charging 4 at a time at the field :)

It was looking at a way of charging quickly at home, at the moment my charger will just about cope with charging 1 x 6S and 1 x 2S at time, so I have quite a few hours of charging to go flying for the day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #12495 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Question on a New Charger
I have been looking at the "Dynamite Prophet Sport Quad 4 X 100W AC/DC Charger" , but will have a look at the iChargers

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #12498 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Question on a New Charger
That looks to be good value for money, and being Ac too means you don't have to worry about over-loading a power supply. My only concern with these quad chargers is that when they blow you lose 4 chargers at once.

And 100W per channel is just about enough for your 6s packs.
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by MikeSeale.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris73

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 weeks ago #12499 by
Replied by on topic Question on a New Charger
Chris,

Would this charger be for your helicopter batteries? If so, it is despicable that you should be asking these honourable members to give up their hard earned knowledge and time to help you in your pursuit of flying lawnmower gratification?

However if your inquiry is regarding charging batteries for the Yak you never fly then, fair enough ;) I've got a iCharger 106B+ and a cheap turnigy 60W thing that looks pretty much the same. My current thinking is that I'd rather have a number of smaller wattage chargers and a decent power supply, it's more versatile in my mind. I charge up the RX batteries on the Turnigy and the flight batteries (3 at a time) on the iCharger. When I get more batteries for the mythos/atlas I'll look to get another charger for them.

It had never even crossed my mind to consider the aesthetic qualities of a charger, with all the leads they all look a mess.

What's your current charger?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #12501 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Question on a New Charger

Chris001 wrote: Chris, Would this charger be for your helicopter batteries? If so, it is despicable that you should be asking these honourable members to give up their hard earned knowledge and time to help you in your pursuit of flying lawnmower gratification?

However if your inquiry is regarding charging batteries for the Yak you never fly then, fair enough ;)

Nice one Gromit.:lol:
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Phil Ford.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #12502 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Question on a New Charger
Hi Chris

The charger has a capability of 400watts in DC mode but i doubt the AC capability is much more than 100 watts. In order to generate 125/150 watts of charging power that charger will need to draw ITRO 15 amps at 12v. This needs a heavy duty power supply.
I suggest you look at a straight DC /DC charger and support it at home with an independent AC/DC power supply such as this
www.horizonhobby.com/epowerbox-30-amp-ac-power-supply-hrc44174
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris73

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds