Advice on batteries please!

More
6 years 5 months ago #14836 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Advice on batteries please!

kevinross wrote:

Simon O wrote: Hi Nicola
I purchased Zippy 4 cell 4500mah lipo batteries from the Hobbyking site last week for £34 ish each plus carriage. (Right now carriage is free by the way) The only modification you may need to do is to change the connector on the electronic speed controller as the Zippy battery packs have 5.5 bullet connectors on them. Easily done, I'm sure one of our members can help with that one.
Simon

Simon - Can i assume that with 4 std servos & 4S pack you are using the BEC output from the ESC as opposed to using a separate 4S Ni-mH cell ?

Update - please can you also advise the extension lengths required for the aileron servos.

(I will be supplying the Tx Rx & servos combo and will offer to rework the ESC connections if required )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14837 by
Replied by on topic Advice on batteries please!
Hi Kevin
My esc doesn't have a Bec connection nor do I have separate power for the receiver. The standard Ripmax esc is as ii have it set up. Obviously a Bec sec would be preferable though.
Simon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14839 by
Kevin
I used 200mm extensions but I have a 200mm Y lead from the receiver to make connection to the aileron leads at the field easy

More
6 years 5 months ago #14842 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Advice on batteries please!

Simon O wrote: Hi Kevin
My esc doesn't have a Bec connection nor do I have separate power for the receiver.
Simon

Simon, you do have a connection to a BEC (battery elimination circuit) but you are getting it of about 5 to 6 volts via the throttle channel

I would assume by Kevin's question that he thought you were using an independent receiver battery as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinross

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14845 by
No Phil, I know the connection is on the throttle channel but I understood the Bec was made on another channel

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14846 by
Sorry Phil. I understand what you mean now! Sorry.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds